Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Waste water testing is some good schyatt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 541

Waste water testing is some good schyatt

Aug 28, 2020, 7:19 AM

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1299049476288544768.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Waste water testing is some good schyatt

Aug 28, 2020, 7:54 AM

Ratemypoo.com

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 7:56 AM

Shhh.

Look at you, suggesting there's a rational, scientific way of managing this thing, as opposed to just throwing a bazillion random batsh!t remedies against the wall hoping one sticks in between bouts of claiming the whole thing is an overblown media hoax designed to discredit the president, proclaiming there'll be a miracle cure or vaccine any second now, and urging people to get their cowardly butts back to work, just step over the bodies if you gotta, because 'Merica!

You. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 8:23 AM

Because yeah, it's totally a straw man argument and 180,000 people (and counting!) aren't actually dead.

Hey, let's recap again, in the president's own words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZjSM1x1gNA

Probably should've saved that for an actual strawman***

Aug 28, 2020, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Waste water testing is some good schyatt ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

You’ve seen people en masse saying all that?

Aug 28, 2020, 8:35 AM

I mean, there’s 330 million people in the country. I suppose I could say “pubs need to win in November because they have to defeat people who want to burn down the White House and turn the Washington Monument into a giant realistic phallus” and I’d have a decent shot at capturing at least one real-world point of view.

I will say quozzel's post was uncharacteristically...

Aug 28, 2020, 8:39 AM

hyperbolic. I know I stepped over 12 bodies walking from the house to the car this morning. I don't have the energy to point out the hypocrisy of the blame game again. Nobody ever responds to it anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction needed

Aug 28, 2020, 8:42 AM

It was......hyperbolic.

Love ya quoz, don’t get mad.

Re: Correction needed

Aug 28, 2020, 9:05 AM

Gosh, more smiling snippiness.

You're so subtle Obed. Please don't try the passive-aggressive thing; you're a mile out of your league. My house was so passive-aggressive it was basically made of Ginsu knives.

I see you. And I don't care a whit that you hate my guts and I make you seethe. Actually, it makes me a bit happy.

Man what a martyr you are.

Aug 28, 2020, 9:43 AM

It was truly a joke, and it’s amusingly vain to assume that I’m that invested in you. I’ve actually enjoyed our recent interactions and I’m glad you’re on the board. I’m many things, but passive aggressive is not one. If I were as wound up about you as you seem to think, there would be no subtlety involved. Calm down.

Actually yes, I've seen that very sentiment VERY often,

Aug 28, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to You’ve seen people en masse saying all that? ]

and a lot in here too.

One of my favorites is hearing this issue will go away come November.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t think it will go away, but I certainly

Aug 28, 2020, 9:50 AM

Think it won’t be as prominent in its coverage. Post-election, regardless of the outcome, there will be far less utility to weaponizing it.

It will remain as prominent in coverage regardless of

Aug 28, 2020, 9:53 AM

whatever the election results are.

Like I said, your strawman image was great, should've saved it for a real one.

Agree to disagree***

Aug 28, 2020, 9:56 AM

I think that's the way most conservatives on here believe...

Aug 28, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to I don’t think it will go away, but I certainly ]

which I think was the point of the "en masse."

If Biden wins, the coverage will be quite different, other than the constant reminders that it is Trump's fault, especially if there is another surge.

I know there are some that think this is a hoax. Most sane people aren't there.

I have said on numerous occasions the this will all end in November with tongue planted in cheek, but also believe that the reporting will be different after the election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your last line is my basic point. If Trump wins,

Aug 28, 2020, 10:09 AM

He won’t won’t see any utility in beating the “China virus / deep state” crap, and if Biden wins the utility of “Trump lied people died” will be gone. What we hear about it will be quite different. I’m not sure how any rational person can not see this.

...that's not even close to what I was arguing.***

Aug 28, 2020, 11:00 AM

It's exactly what I was arguing in this post:

Aug 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/I-dont-think-it-will-go-away-but-I-certainly-27695314

going back to where this all started...

Aug 28, 2020, 11:54 AM [ in reply to ...that's not even close to what I was arguing.*** ]

now whether "straw man" is the appropriate representation of quozzel's post, this: "urging people to get their cowardly butts back to work, just step over the bodies if you gotta, because 'Merica!" is highly hyperbolic. I also have issues with some of the other exaggerations as well like calling it a hoax every other week, but that's neither here nor there.

People are just digging their heels in right now. The truth of the matter is (again) Trump did follow the mitigation recommendations of the scientists.

I've also seen this weak claim that pits McMasters against the doctor expert in SC (I don't live there so I can't remember her name).

So my question is, what are the scientific experts and doctors going to argue for? Best-case scenario from the medical perspective.

Anybody who is any type of management position should understand this, but are there any other considerations that should be weighed into the actions? In this case maybe the economy? The psychological well-being and intellectual development of our children?

So it's not necessarily that Trump has been pushing people to get off their lazy rumps and climb over the dead bodies filling the streets, he's trying to deal with the issue while not completely destroying everything else.

This is a novel virus and everyone has made mistakes. Recommendations have changed as we have learned more...and even then, this virus has continues to be a moving target.

Again, Trump was guided by the best experts from the start and did what they asked.

Trump has said and done some stupid stuff. He always has. It's amazing though that all these people who blast Trump, "aw shuck" Biden's gaffe and lies and say "oh, Joe's just always been like that."

To say this isn't political is being dishonest.

Replies: 19
| visibility 541
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic