Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How Good is Alabama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

How Good is Alabama?

Dec 3, 2016, 5:49 PM

It's impressive that they have scored off of defensive and special teams TDs to help their offense. And I will even admit that their defense is elite especially their front 7. But tomorrow we are all going to hear about how great they are and how unbeatable they are. But who is the most complete team they have faced? Ole Miss/Ark had a decent offense and scored on that defense. LSU had the defense but no offense. I know I'm biased as a Clemson fan, but this team doesn't scare me. If we were a predominate run team, then they would. But we proved against Pitt (even though in a losing effort) that we can pass the ball and forget the run if we have to. Plus we have played them and competed with them. There is no fear factor that we have of them. I believe the only other team that can say that is OSU because they have beaten them in recent past.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How bad is Florida?***

Dec 3, 2016, 5:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How bad is Florida?***

Dec 3, 2016, 5:59 PM

Good point. :/

Re: How Good is Alabama?

Dec 3, 2016, 5:54 PM

Bama is susceptible to the PASS, so we'll be fine. We just need to get there to show the rest of these clowns what a real team looks like. Bama be skeered and will be pulling for VaTech tonight. Count on it.

Dec 3, 2016, 5:57 PM

I agree. Look they are an excellent team but have won a lot of games against a very down SEC with bad quarterbacks. They have not seen a team like us since we played them last year. Unlike most people they play we will NOT be intimidated.

But got to win tonight

Dec 3, 2016, 6:00 PM

Yeah, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch. We got to get pass a tough and talented VT team first and then possible a semifinals match.

They supposedly have injuries...

Dec 3, 2016, 5:59 PM

I don't know Bama's roster well enough. Will those players be back for the playoff?

Re: They supposedly have injuries...

Dec 3, 2016, 6:06 PM

Bama has injuries? I know they lost Eddie Jackson who was their senior starting safety. And I saw someone get hurt earlier in the game, but I was under the impression they were relatively healthy. Now, Florida has had some injuries especially their QB and defensive starters. But they weren't world beaters before those injuries either.

The commentators keep talking about

Dec 3, 2016, 6:14 PM

Bama's injuries.

Re: The commentators keep talking about

Dec 3, 2016, 6:31 PM

I'll take your word on it. I have the game on, but haven't being listening intently. I heard where they were discussing Florida's injuries. But even so with Alabama, they have 5 stars backing up 5 stars backing up 5 stars. My point with Alabama isn't that they aren't good. It's that the "experts" act like Alabama is the best team ever this year and can't be beaten. But my question is simply this: who have they played that stresses them on both sides of the ball?

Yeah they talked about Bama getting thin.

Dec 3, 2016, 7:17 PM

I guess Bama had 2 db's injured and 1 transfer. That was in the graphic they showed. Plus they said Bama was dinged up in the secondary. These announcers haven't exactly been on fire though with their info. Anyway, that's what they stated.

Dec 3, 2016, 6:12 PM

They are very talented and don't beat themselves. However they also play in a league with terrible QBs and OC's

Dec 3, 2016, 6:35 PM

Yes, they are talented and well coached. And I understand Saban has a history of winning championships. I just don't agree that they are "unbeatable". If they had played a couple of teams who had a decent offense and defense, then I would be more impressed. They have everything needed to win a championship, but they are beatable. In my opinion, Clemson/OSU have the players and the coaches to stress Alabama on BOTH sides of the ball. Most of the teams Alabama plays either can't stop anyone or they can't score consistently.

Dec 3, 2016, 6:12 PM

They are very talented and don't beat themselves. However they also play in a league with terrible QBs and OC's

Top 4 team in country***

Dec 3, 2016, 6:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2016, 6:15 PM

To me, Alabama is like Iceman from Top Gun. In the paraphrased words of the immortal Goose, they just plod along until the other team gets bored, frustrated, and does something stupid. For some teams, that happens faster than others.

Dec 3, 2016, 6:16 PM

"But tomorrow we are all going to hear about how great they are and how unbeatable they are."

This is the narrative I want, to set things up nicely for them to lose in the play-off. I want everyone outside of Clemson to doubt and overlook Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Uhhhhh, let's see ...pretty d$&@ good.***

Dec 3, 2016, 7:10 PM

Re: Uhhhhh, let's see ...pretty d$&@ good.***

Dec 3, 2016, 7:21 PM

Yes, they are good and they look really impressive especially when they play against a Florida team that can't move the ball consistently. It's hard to beat Alabama period. It's a near impossibility when you can't be decent on both sides of the ball.

Dec 3, 2016, 7:18 PM

They were better last year.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic