Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trevor to the Jags is best possible situation because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Trevor to the Jags is best possible situation because

Jan 5, 2021, 5:55 PM

No state income tax. Go to NY and pay almost 9%. Paying 9% on $38 million vs 0% on the same. The next best scenario is getting drafted by the Cowboys, since they also have no state income tax.

This is the best possible financial situation for Trevor. If I’m a financial advisor, I’m telling Trevor, don’t hesitate to declare. The decision will be worth literal millions.

Of course I’m a Clemson fan, so a good part of me hopes he stays but we know the reality.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trevor to the Jags is best possible situation because

Jan 5, 2021, 5:56 PM

Add Tennessee to that list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 6:09 PM

I'm sure Trevor will declare for the Draft, and will go number 1, but I doubt that he will concern himself with the difference between paying 0% or 9% tax on more money than he, his kids, and his grandkids could ever hope to spend.

He could pay 80% tax and probably still have more money than any of us will see in our lifetime.

Jan 5, 2021, 6:46 PM

He absolutely will concern himself, as will his financial advisor. High net worth people have people around every corner looking to skim, including the government and ambulance chasing lawyers. If you think he’s not concerned about saving $3 million, then you don’t have a concept of what’s at stake.

Trevor will net about 30% of the contract after taxes and commissions. If he has a career ending injury or doesn’t pan out (unlikely) after his rookie contract, $12-13 million is not a lot of money for the next 50-60 years of life.

A first round, all-pro, 15 year NFL DB lives across the street from my father in law...In a $650k house and he drives a 6-7 year old SUV. Several other NFL players live in the same neighborhood. People think these guys are set for life. Well, many of them are and many aren’t...especially if they don’t think about their finances.

Well...I have to take some exception

Jan 5, 2021, 7:46 PM

to the statement that 12-13 million isn’t a lot of money for 50-60 years. I could certainly make that math work and live very comfortably.

There are two other teams in Florida***

Jan 5, 2021, 6:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting drafted by the Cowboys would NOT be a great deal,

Jan 5, 2021, 6:48 PM

other than the tax situation. You would have to put up with Jerry Jones, who just this year proved he was unwilling to give his Star QB a max deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2021, 6:59 PM

Maybe, but W T H are you gonna do with $39 M in friggin' Jacksonville ??

Jan 5, 2021, 7:09 PM

Yeah, but New York has more of a chance to get endorsements to add to that income.

Jan 5, 2021, 7:22 PM

Not sure that’s necessarily true. Baker Mayfield is on seemingly every commercial on ESPN. Cleveland isn’t exactly NYC

players are taxed on location of games and facilities

Jan 5, 2021, 7:39 PM

Jets players pay NY taxes for home games, other state taxes for away games and NJ taxes for summer payments. Ad revenue in the metro NY area is massively larger than north FL opportunites so I am not sure the income breakdown is so clear cut. Doesnt really matter in the long run because it is just a four year commitment on what will be the smallest contract in his career.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic