Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Transfer Portal Non Skilled Positions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Transfer Portal Non Skilled Positions

Jan 2, 2021, 9:54 AM

Don't know how much these players contributed but here is a link to players that transferred for the 2020 season. You can search by positions. I couldn't tell you how many of the OL, DL, LB, CB and S were significant impact players to their teams. Maybe someone who follows these things more closely knows.

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/TransferPortal

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Transfer Portal Non Skilled Positions

Jan 2, 2021, 10:02 AM

The single biggest miss of our program over the last two years has been ignoring the transfer portal. Last night and last year's NC game are both cases in point. Dabo needs to adapt to the realities of college football in 2021 or get left behind.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 10:46 AM

I trust Dabo and staff for all roster decisions. If he doesn't choose to go after transfers then I'm good with it. Arm chair second guessing is not productive.

I agree. We have highly rated recruiting classes, and we

Jan 2, 2021, 10:49 AM

don't lose many of those guys once we get them here. If you start shopping the Walmart Portal, Walmart players is what you will get. For every Justin Fields, there are probably 30 Flake Bentleys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does Ohio St, but they aren’t shy about taking transfers.

Jan 2, 2021, 11:34 AM

Would they have beat us last night without them? Unlikely.

Message was edited by: RC Tiger®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Transfer Portal Non Skilled Positions ]

turf2 said:

I trust Dabo and staff for all roster decisions. If he doesn't choose to go after transfers then I'm good with it. Arm chair second guessing is not productive.

Neither is refusing to consider other ideas and possibilities. In case people didn’t notice we were blown out by a team whose QB and RB they didn’t even recruit! As well as LSU before them. Makes it sting worse doesn’t it?

Jan 2, 2021, 11:53 AM

As much as as I dislike it, we will always be playing from behind if we don’t get into the transfer game. No matter how well you do in recruiting, It’s nearly impossible to hold teams together these days (case in point demarkus bowman). Guys that u were counting on to be the next starter leave or get injured (justyn Ross). All the teams we would need to beat are just reloading from the portal. OSU is a crystal clear case of that. I commend dabo for winning the right way, but the times that he will have nfl talent returning for another year is going to be very rare. I don’t think our fan base has that patience.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic