Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time for our AD to dump Nike
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Time for our AD to dump Nike

Sep 5, 2018, 7:13 PM

That's all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Not really.***

Sep 5, 2018, 7:22 PM

actually the timing is perfect....

Sep 5, 2018, 7:30 PM

Ink is dry. Contract is signed. Money is coming for the next ten years.

No incentive for a Clemson fan to buy one stitch of Nike clothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: actually the timing is perfect....

Sep 5, 2018, 7:44 PM

scooter said:

Ink is dry. Contract is signed. Money is coming for the next ten years.

No incentive for a Clemson fan to buy one stitch of Nike clothing.

did it really take nike siding with Kappnicker for all you mighty brains to figure out what side they stand on. Jeez la Weez. Are you really that surprised ? We are at war over the power of words and right now the lefts winning big time. Educate yourselves !

Looks like y'all better stop buying Levi's too

Sep 5, 2018, 7:46 PM

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/404902-levis-teams-up-with-gun-control-group-we-simply-cannot-stand-by-silently

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Done.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:39 PM

nm

Re: Looks like y'all better stop buying Levi's too

Sep 5, 2018, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Looks like y'all better stop buying Levi's too ]

Sticking with Dale Jr and Wrangler Jeans!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like y'all better stop buying Levi's too

Sep 6, 2018, 4:57 PM

Got bad news for you buddy...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article175252581.html

Sep 5, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

No. It took them saying it on a campaign. Which has nothing to do with how well their products perform by the way. My brain is no mightier than yours. I know who Phil Knight is and that they are from the left coast and are going to support all things nontraditional and radical and in the face of the norm for any attention just like every thing else from California, NY and every other metropolitan area.

Some of you are so transparent. Someone says something you don't like or agree with and boom they're an instant idiot.

If you don't have a problem with someone in a position of influence telling the world they don't have any more respect for this country and the sacrifices of the many than to kneel during the national anthem as "a protest" then I don't really care what you think of me. I would expect a university like Clemson who has put as many graduates into our military ranks to pay attention who they're promoting. We can get gear from any athletic company we want and it might come with a slightly smaller paycheck, but who cares. Why should we promote Nike if they don't share our values. I know a bunch of you vocal minority will come on here and say it doesn't represent Clemson values but you know deep down you're wrong. The majority of Clemson alumni think kneeling during the national anthem is complete BS.

Sep 5, 2018, 9:57 PM

I'd hope the majority of Clemson graduates are smarter than that. Most of us have too many real issues to worry about to get worked up over this.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:30 AM

SERIOUSLY??!!!

I agree with Archie. I couldn’t care less about a Nike commercial,

Sep 6, 2018, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

the NFL or its players. They can do whatever they want and so can the people that disagree. I just wish y’all would all shut up about it.

Have any of you even seen the commercial?

I’m tired of all the drama.

This reminds me of the Chick-fil-a drama.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:55 AM

Except now the conservatives are up in arms about a company taking a political stance instead of libs.

Sep 5, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

Don't speak for other people.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 10:13 PM

That’s right

Sep 5, 2018, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

But speak out for what's wrong, and talking down to your country that your countries Men and Women give the most precious thing they have to give as in their lives. The right thing to do is to respect the country they are laying their life on the line for, and they are dying for our freedoms!!! FCK Nikie and the Nike products!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 5:00 AM

So these people who died for our freedoms only died for some freedoms for some people? Gotcha.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:34 AM

No no you’re misunderstanding. They died for everyone’s freedoms, but only if those freedoms are expressed in an acceptably conservative and nationalistic way.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

BINGO

Sep 6, 2018, 3:23 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

Great post!!!
Thanks

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So racial and gender

Sep 6, 2018, 6:10 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

Equality are "radical"???? Got it. I don't agree with Kapernick, or anyone on the west coast really, but if you can't understand where he is coming from then I'm sorry.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 7:56 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

This right here is what is wrong with America. You don't care about the messsge or the issues. You just think what you want to think so you have to be right and aren't really looking at the big picture.

Tell 'em coot

Sep 6, 2018, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

fno

Sep 6, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

WELL SAID !!! EXACTLY MY POINTS

Clemson alumnus here, you're incorrect.***

Sep 6, 2018, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

+1 for correct usage of "alumnus"***

Sep 6, 2018, 4:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 5, 2018, 11:26 PM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

Well I haven't been behind the 8 ball where Nike is concerned bc I haven't spent a dime on Nike products in years bc of unfair giving. Screw Nike and any product with the Nike Check!!!

Sep 6, 2018, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: actually the timing is perfect.... ]

AMEN TO THAT

Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike

Sep 5, 2018, 7:39 PM

Time for White Falcon fly away!

Still here.

Sep 5, 2018, 8:39 PM

What do got on my 40?

Sep 5, 2018, 10:18 PM

Could we just stick to football here. This is about the only place I can escape from crazytown

If you are on TigerNet

Sep 5, 2018, 11:14 PM

You haven’t escaped

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's how it works***

Sep 5, 2018, 10:42 PM

Sep 5, 2018, 11:15 PM

You're being overly dramatic .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 5, 2018, 11:25 PM

For those who do not think there are still AMERICANS in AMERICA, then the Exodus from Nike has begun:

https://sports.yahoo.com/small-missouri-college-ends-nike-affiliation-colin-kaepernick-ads-221025253.html

Read it and weep Liberals.

Sep 5, 2018, 11:49 PM

Colin Kaepernick wants change, and that S O B don't even go to the poles and vote for the change he wants.

Sep 6, 2018, 7:58 AM

The change he wants can't be voted on.

Sep 6, 2018, 3:10 PM

It Begins with our elected officials. Research every Candidate, and don't vote for the folks that has the most money for running bashing ads against their opponents. Google is a good place to start looking at a Candidates past records on how they have voted before they threw their hat in the ring. Once they become a Candidate, they will say anything their campaign managers tell them to say to get elected. Voting for people bc they have the best TV Ads is a terrible way to pick who you are giving your vote to, and I believe that every vote counts, so know who and why you are voting for someone, just saying!!! And always know who and why lobbyist are pushing to get someone elected, and try to find out who is putting lobbyist dollars in their pocket!!! Personally, I try and vote for the lesser of the evils with our elected officials, and when possible I will vote a spit ticket.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

Like that little school matters in the scheme of things. Nike will crush it this year.

Sep 6, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

WHOOP WHOOP!!!

Sep 6, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

I bet thats one of your ancestors with the sign....

Sep 5, 2018, 11:48 PM

Yes it is time for our university to have a backbone on an issue. I was upset over them going along with the other schools in supporting the ACC's boycott of NC over HB2. I quit going to games and buying Clemson merch over that issue because it was a stab in the back to conservative families like mine, and because as much as I love football, my family is more important. Just felt I had to make a personal stand and statement. Now with nike doing this in the face of every patriotic American, every veteran, etc, I choose to stand and not support Nike with my money. Clemson should do the patriotic thing, and stand for America, not Kapernick.

Quit being hyperbolic

Sep 6, 2018, 5:45 AM

Every veteran? Every patriotic American? Really? There are thousands of veterans that support Nike and Kaepernick so quit with this ignorant rhetoric

Disagree all you want but quit lying about why you disagree. You can’t say you are doing it to support military when there are plenty of military that are on the other side. So that means you only support military who thinks like you.

Re: Quit being hyperbolic

Sep 6, 2018, 8:02 AM

Exactly. Half the people in my fantasy football league are Vets who served in Iraq when #### hit the fan. Not ONE of the has a problem with what Kap is doing. People who haven't served a minute and ride around with all their confederate merchandise want to talk about patriotism now.

Sep 6, 2018, 12:00 AM

This really is the stupidest thing is the world. Everyone who is "burning their Nike clothing" or giving it away simply doesn't realize that Nike doesn't give a #### about rights or Kaepernick speaking up or whatever. They genuinely don't care. It's a massive publicity stunt.

Here's how it works. Those who support Kaepernick are now going out of their way to buy as much Nike merchandise as possible. It's become a thing on social media to post that you've bought Nike gear recently, as if you're making a statement.

Then, on the flip side, there are those that are furious about the campaign. So they're all BURNING THEIR OWN PROPERTY that they already paid for. Nike doesn't care if there's a bunch of people talking about how outrageous the campaign is, because it's free PR. And when you inevitably want Nike gear again because it's the hottest brand on the market that literally everyone wears, you're gonna have to buy the same thing again.

Go ahead, burn your stuff and give it away. Spread the word that this is an outrageous campaign. All you're doing is making Nike more money.

And again, Nike actually doesn't give a #### about Colin Kaepernick or whatever movement he stands for. They care about money, and right now their stock is skyrocketing because of this controversy.

Sep 6, 2018, 12:22 AM

A 125+ Billion dollar company is what NIKE is.

The big picture here is that their already ginormous brand is now plastered all over the networks/social media for the use of a controversial figure in a new ad campaign .

Nike lost 4 billion yesterday . I don't know what the end result will be for Cokin Kaepernick or those who feel compelled to oppose the world's largest athletic apparel company ... but NIKE will weather this stuff like a carefree kid at the bus stop and more to the point will most likely grow their brand incrementally from it .
I wear a lot of it . Have several Clemson tshirts/hoodies ( Including my CFBNC favorite ) and I am unwilling to trash or burn something I like or own simply because some brand sides with some dude whom I may not agree with .
It's not in my nature to get all rung up over this kind of superfluous nonsense ... and it really ultimately is nonsense when I take the time to think about it .
Now , give me a reason to get upset . Talk undue trash about my Tigers . Mess with my kids or loved ones . Say I don't know how to run this here tugboat . Then it becomes a different deal for me .

Go Tigers .
BEAT A&M

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 6, 2018, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

...if I heard correctly earlier tonight, Nick Satan and Alabama has cancelled their Nike contract. IMO (is that the correct terminology?), we (Tigers) should do the same, regardless of cost. I believe in, all respect, and support all peaceful forms of protest -it's what our country is all about (read the Bill of Rights...!?) - and also the capitalist system of government that makes us "tick" as a nation. Nike will make many bucks, as the system goes (there's no such thing as bad publicity), but I'm sure it will be all due to social media - and that's simply the way that makes us "tick" as a society today. We're supposed to be ignorant, unrepentant, and maniacally possessed with actually earning a living, and full of shame for simply being Southern. Frankly, "by the Grace of God", I'm rather proud.

Sep 6, 2018, 7:41 AM

Gonna need a source for this outlandish claim...

Article?

Sep 6, 2018, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

Sorry, what you heard is NOT TRUE.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nike-alabama/

Sep 6, 2018, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

Fake News

Sep 6, 2018, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Time for our AD to dump Nike ]

Hah, we're still talking about Nike?***

Sep 6, 2018, 12:22 AM

nah.***

Sep 6, 2018, 12:30 AM

This is the foosball bored, coot.***

Sep 6, 2018, 4:58 AM

Sep 6, 2018, 8:25 AM

I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH YOU

Caps lock. It’s a thing. Turn it off.***

Sep 6, 2018, 8:48 AM

Why drop them? Clemson isn't giving Nike $58

Sep 6, 2018, 8:32 AM

Million. Take their money. If fans don't want to buy Nike stuff, go for it. Keeping the contract and no fans buying apparel is actually what would hurt most. There is plenty of stuff to buy from Judge Keller's and Tiger Sports Shop to keep them in business.

Though there is this little tidbit.

"Nike will raise its annual cash payout to Clemson from $115,000 to $400,000. The company will also increase Clemson's royalty rate for co-branded merchandise from 11 to 14 percent."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 8:50 AM

Just Chew It.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SMH

Sep 6, 2018, 10:23 AM

Clemson just signed a long term contract with Nike that pays Clemson $400,000 per year plus gives Clemson free uniforms, warmups, shoes and other gear each year.

It is a CONTRACT!

Will you pay for the legal fees to break the CONTRACT and the losses Clemson will be subjected to?

If not, small minds should SHUT THE H3LL UP!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 6, 2018, 12:34 PM

Not going to happen....period.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic