Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Band
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Tiger Band

Jan 11, 2017, 5:45 PM

Way back in 1967 I remember going to Death Valley - the Tigers were playing Alabama. As the Alabama band - "The Million Dollar Band" entered the stadium it seemed like they had a million band members. Tiger Band sat on the 50 yard line on the Clemson side back then - prime seats that were long ago given to high dollar IPTAY donors. Alabama's band blew the sides off the stadium and Tiger Band...well, they were pretty hard to hear.

Fast forward to this past Monday night...The "Million Dollar Band" is still there. But Tiger Band blew the sides off the stadium. Pre-game, halftime, and post-victory...and they never stopped during the game...Just another part of Clemson that has become nothing but better over the years....and Monday night they certainly won the battle of the bands...

Thank you, TIGER BAND!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!***

Jan 11, 2017, 6:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Band

Jan 11, 2017, 6:56 PM

Our band is cool.
They are highly dedicated members. My son was in the band at Wando High School for a few years. They practiced more than the football team. I gain much respect for band members

Jan 11, 2017, 10:07 PM

Another group of fine tigers who have built upon the foundations of those who came before. I think they are today the best they've ever been.

Jan 12, 2017, 12:18 AM

I was in tiger band and the 1982 Orange bowl was my senior year. I was saxophone section leader and the supply officer. I was in charge of getting the 6 greyhound busses plus a tractor trailer for the drums sousaphones, uniforms, and miscellaneous other items to Miami. That season was the first time that tiger band was able to line up shoulder to shoulder on the hash mark and stretch from one goal line to the other. That was such a great trip and iptay really took care of us. Not bad for a volunteer band. Most of the other schools we play have music programs so band participation is mandatory like USucK. Tiger band stands with the best of the best without music majors.

And I remember the parade the night before....

Jan 12, 2017, 2:00 AM

...you guys blew the asphalt off the road when you came by the TV camera. Barbara Eden was one of the hosts that night and commented how great and BIG you guys sounded.

Do you happen to remember the piece you were playing at the time?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And I remember the parade the night before....

Jan 12, 2017, 2:45 AM

It was all such a blur and the free flow of Jack Daniels helped to gel the moment. If memory serves we played tiger rag (of course) and the Orange Bowl March which is what we play when the team stands at the top of the hill and the band forms the "tunnel".

What a great job they have done this year! Cudos to each

Jan 12, 2017, 12:35 AM

and every band member!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here, here!! Tiger Band, Shakin' the Southland!

Jan 12, 2017, 1:14 AM

As you can tell by my profile name, I love college marching bands and the Clemson Tiger Band in particular.

I had the pleasure of attending both the Fiesta Bowl and National Championship games this year.

Both of our opponents have two of the premier college bands in the country:

The Ohio State University Marching Band, the Pride of the Buckeyes. They call themselves "The Best Dam-n Band In The Land" or TBDBITL.

The University of Alabama Million Dollar Band.

I was so proud of Tiger Band. They not only competed with, but in my unbiased (ha ha) opinion, won pre-game, halftime, and stands performance in both games. They make me so proud. They looked great in Fiesta Bowl parade too. The MC raved about them.

I am such a band fan/nerd that I attended the Ohio State TBDBITL band practice at Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Arizona. TBDBITL has incredible support from the Buckeye fans. They literally filled up the entire high school stadium home side for band practice. I'm guessing 1,000 to 1,500 folks showed up to watch the band rehearse. There were several charter bus tour groups that came. Amazing the respect the Buckeyes band gets. At home games, the have a pre-game "skull session" that draws 15,000 in their old arena. Some fans come only to the band's "skull session" and do not even go to the football game.

I am so excited that Tiger Band has grown to 350 members this year. I hope we keep up the large band and someday maybe Tiger fans will appreciate Tiger Band like Buckeye fans do. Thank you to Dr. Spede and the entire staff, as well each and every member of Tiger Band, including the support staff.

We have a championship marching band to go along with the football team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like I remember the band went way up in numbers

Jan 12, 2017, 1:25 AM

after the 81 Natty. Only going to get better.

Does anyone remember the college bands having bass guitars in the 80's? Georgia did and we did as well for awhile.

The replies...

Jan 12, 2017, 11:12 PM

......recounting some of the big changes Tiger Band has gone through made me wonder if there is a published history? Does anyone know of one?

Those 10 or 12 band members in the short dresses and the

Jan 12, 2017, 11:44 PM

spaghetti strap tops get my vote for the toughest people in the stadium Monday night, including players. They never once put on a jacket! Three cheers for them!!!!!

Re: Those 10 or 12 band members in the short dresses and the

Jan 13, 2017, 12:22 AM

The term Million Dollar Band doesn't seem to have the cachet it may have once had nearly a century ago. Surely they're worth 13-14 million by now with inflation and all, right?

Great tiger band. Just wish they would get rid of the

Jan 13, 2017, 12:42 AM

HS type, little European nut-cracker-type hats, and wear orange baseball type caps with Tiger paw. Just like the ones they practice with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Great tiger band. Just wish they would get rid of the

Jan 13, 2017, 1:11 AM

Those hats they have now are better than the pith helmet hats we had in 81. The opposing bands really mocked those

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic