Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts on the next 2+ years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 255

Thoughts on the next 2+ years

Jan 7, 2021, 9:04 AM

Just some of the many thoughts I've had regarding the future of our country for the next 2+ years, in no particular order:

* Just like not all GOP supported Trump's agendas, not all Dems will support Biden's agendas. Even though he now has the House and the Senate, this doesn't give him the blank check that he and others think he has. There are enough moderate Dems in the House and especially the Senate to keep that from happening.

* I'm a firm believer that this election was stolen - the presidency and the two Georgia seats, in particular. Obviously, the media doesn't care, and nor do enough Republicans in Congress to make a difference. At this point, the best we can do is let things proceed and do our best due diligence into how these manipulations were carried out. We can propose changes to the voting system to make sure that these things don't happen again and, if nothing else, keep these concerns in the forefront of the minds of the voting public. There are never any guarantees that cheaters won't cheat again, but we can keep this issue current for a long time.

* If the Dems do what we think they'll do, in terms of a radical agenda, the GOP is essentially powerless to stop it. At this point, our best option is to focus on 2022 and 2024. Whenever one party has both chambers of Congress, they rarely keep them for more than two years, especially when the changes they bring in are dramatic or even radical. There is a very good chance that the GOP can take the House and take back the Senate in 2022 and, I think, an excellent chance we can regain the presidency -- all of that contingent upon getting the right candidates in place and running effective campaigns - something that the GOP did not do well in Georgia or in other places.

* Last - we will survive. Our country has been through a lot. Literal civil wars, race riots, political riots, scandals, impeachments, etc. Our Founding Fathers did an amazing job of anticipating the many issues that could arise and putting safeguards in place. The USSC is still largely conservative, and that's a huge thing. We may emerge battered and bruised, but we will survive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts on the next 2+ years

Jan 7, 2021, 9:14 AM

Re: Thoughts on the next 2+ years

Jan 7, 2021, 9:20 AM

Here is the main fact. It wasn't stolen.

Replies: 2
| visibility 255
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic