»
Topic: There seems to be some denial by Ohio State fans about...
Replies: 50   Last Post: Jan 11, 2021, 12:39 PM by: MyfavOrange®
[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 50  

There seems to be some denial by Ohio State fans about...

emoji_events [21]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:00 PM

TV ratings. Here are the facts regarding the ratings...

The B1G Championship game, featuring Ohio State, had 8.66 million viewers this year, DOWN 33% in viewership from last year.

The ACC Championship game, featuring Clemson, had nearly 10 million viewers this year, UP 149% in viewers from last year. In fact, the ACC Championship game was the most watched conference championship game of the entire year.

We can’t use the Sugar Bowl numbers for obvious reasons, but don’t be fooled by Buckeye fans that tell you they bring more viewers to the table than Clemson. They’ll point to decade old ratings, but the current numbers just don’t lie.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg link

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: There seems to be some denial by Ohio State fans about...

emoji_events [8]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:02 PM

No doubt.

The interesting thing about OSU and their fans is.

2021 white level member link

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:40 PM

They are liars and braggarts that nobody cares to hear anything they say, but the fcknut yankees are so disrespectful they just keep talking anyway!!! If they ever move into your neighborhood, you have to burn them out, or they'll start bringing all the family to live in campers parked on the property line of their neighbors!!!

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

[4]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:52 PM

The good thing is I live in a modest for SC neighborhood so I never have to worry about them moving in. All tools from Ohio are poor thankfully.

College football fans want to see traditional blue bloods

emoji_events [15]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:03 PM

like Clemson and Alabama battle it out for the national championship. Not some new money johnny come lately like Ohio State.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: College football fans want to see traditional blue bloods

[1]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:20 PM

GWPTiger® said:

like Clemson and Alabama battle it out for the national championship. Not some new money johnny come lately like Ohio State.

You’ve gotta be trolling. Ohio State was winning championships before anyone even knew we had a football team.

Ohio State vs Oregon had more viewers than any championship in the CFP era by far.

And people are SICK of Clemson v Bama.

link

There's a big difference between "winning championships"

emoji_events [12]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:23 PM

and "claiming championships." We win them, OSU claims them.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: There's a big difference between "winning championships"

[2]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:27 PM

GWPTiger® said:

Give them their proper respect. They decimated us. They’ve been relevant longer than we have. You’re a moron if you think they’re a johnny come lately.

WE’RE the johnny come lately.

link

If that were the case they would've beaten us before

emoji_events [8]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:30 PM

last night. They've never even beaten the coots. They're now 1-6 against Clemson and UofSuCk. That's the definition of a johnny come lately.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Re: If that were the case they would've beaten us before

[1]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:53 PM

GWPTiger® said:

last night. They've never even beaten the coots. They're now 1-6 against Clemson and UofSuCk. That's the definition of a johnny come lately.

Message was edited by: GWPTiger®

Both irrelevant points. They’ve made the CFP 4 times, won it all in 2002 and 2014, played for 2 others. They are one of about 8 programs that has sustained relevance in the 21st century. And one of the big 3 (Bama, OSU, and now LSU).

You don’t know what johnny come lately is because you weren’t following football before we were relevant, about 5 years ago.

link

emoji_events [8]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:57 PM

There was no CFP in 2002... HTH, coot troll.

LSU sustained relevance? Please explain cuz that is just the dumbest thing I’ve read in awhile.

That person obviously doesn’t know football***

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 6:48 PM

Re: That person obviously doesn’t know football***

[4]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 8:10 PM

I happened by this post again and couldn’t help reliving the horror of how stupid this poster must be either that or I had no idea OSU had two NC’s in the CFP era.

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 7:26 PM

See.......this is why I could never watch Jerry Springer. Everyone is mocking the dunce, but the dunce is so thick he doesn’t realize he’s being mocked. It’s just cruel. The fact that it’s so easy to mock the dunce diminishes the sport of it. But then the dunce still doesn’t get it and he comes back for more. It’s like peeling off the layers of an onion and you’re certain that you’ve reached the absolute bedrock floor of the stupidity.......but nope, there’s another layer and it’s dumber than that last one. Somebody just cue the Benny Hill music.

2021 orange level member link

[2]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 8:23 PM

2002 refs helped OSU win over Miami

link

You are being a sore loser.

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:31 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

[3]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 8:06 PM

GWPTiger® said:

Give them their proper respect. They decimated us. They’ve been relevant longer than we have. You’re a moron if you think they’re a johnny come lately.

WE’RE the johnny come lately.

What do you mean by US, were you in the Army!!!

[2]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 6:38 PM

We had a very poor 2nd quarter and gave up 2 Hail Mary passes. And played the game without our offensive coordinator. I wouldn’t use the word decimated.

link

I don’t know but OSU just = boring.

[2]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 8:06 PM

There’s nothing exciting or intriguing about their program. I figure their reach is so large bc there are just a lot of people who live or are from Ohio. Which is cool but the reason no one watched is bc... meh. It’s Ohio State. Wake me up when it’s Clemson vs Alabama. Unfortunately we sleep walked this year on defense. Which was good for them. Every squirrel finds a nut I guess. This year it was those rejects. Can’t wait till we get another shot to get the world back to normal.

link

The current numbers are the current numbers...

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:24 PM

don’t shoot the messengers.

And you apparently don't recognize sarcasm, if it hit you in

[3]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:28 PM

the face!!

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Bhwahaha

[1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 7:23 PM

Who’s the troll here? You’ve been punked, punk. :)

link

[1]
Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 10:23 AM

GWPTiger® said:

You’ve gotta be trolling. Ohio State was winning championships before anyone even knew we had a football team.

Ohio State vs Oregon had more viewers than any championship in the CFP era by far.

And people are SICK of Clemson v Bama.

Coot or Nut?

2021 student level member link

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:50 PM

OSU fans are so miserable they can't even enjoy a win. I think they enjoy misery and whining. We seem to be in a better mood today than they are.

2021 purple level member link

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[2]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 8:19 PM

Hey GWP, looks like you were referenced in a recent 247 Late Kick. Josh Pate talked about you on the 11:40 minute mark, though not in a very complimentary manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ftWe1gr-jc

link

[1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 8:23 PM

oops, wrong link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMZsdNCmevc

link

[2]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:05 PM

The ACC ratings are the very reason the ACC is willing to bend for ND in the hope of them joining as a full member eventually.

ND knows if they want to remain relevant, they’ll need to...

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:06 PM

join the ACC or SEC.

Re: ND knows if they want to remain relevant, they’ll need to...

Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:10 PM

If they have a choice and don’t join the SEC they are retarded. No offense to retards either, even they know of the bias associated with SEC football.

[3]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:12 PM

They could go to the West and we could get added to the Least and everything is fine.

[1]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:16 PM

If that opportunity arises we need to take it.

It is in the agreement between the ACC & ND, that if they

[2]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:30 PM

decide to join a conference in football. it will have to be the ACC!

After ND got embarrassed in their semi-final game

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:45 PM

I doubt the ACC even wants them anymore. The ACC is about winning championships and ND is clearly not championship caliber

Re: After ND got embarrassed in their semi-final game

Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 7:28 PM

They weren’t the only ones embarrassed

link

Re: After ND got embarrassed in their semi-final game

[3]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 7:57 PM

Zinger from the troll...

[1]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:46 PM

I wouldn't mind if they joined the ACC in FB, but hopefully the new ACC commissioner never allows another deal to them like Swoffuck did!!!

Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:18 PM

We got our a$$ kicked. Deal with and move on.

link

If you would like to fact check my figures...

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:19 PM

feel free. I’m not upset about the game, but to be spreading misinformation about the fan bases is unacceptable. I busted them.

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Jan 2, 2021, 5:47 PM

this tells me that Clemson became 150% more popular this year, where OSU became 33% less popular. ratings do not lie.

[1]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 7:23 PM

Don’t you think the ratings increase had at least something to do with the fact that Notre dame was in the game? I mean they have a massive fan base

link

[2]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 8:12 PM

doubtful, Catholics just aren't in to football like we are in the south.

We lost. Quit grasping at straws***

Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 7:30 PM

link

Re: We lost. Quit grasping at straws***

[3]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 8:41 PM

Super inconspicuous Scok.

If my freakin tmale werked,

[2]
Posted: Jan 5, 2021, 8:24 PM

I would send you, and all of your little troll buddies, a very strongly werded letter of discontentment concerning this present state of affairs which you have brought upon this land.

2021 purple level memberringofhonor-classof1994.jpg link

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

[1]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 4:51 PM

Those idiot OSU Fans! Has nothing to do with Notre Dame and NW being the opponents!

link

Glad you see it our way!!!!***

[2]
Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 4:56 PM

Run along Stewart, before I get bored of behavin'.

Re: Glad you see it our way!!!!***

Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 4:59 PM

See it your way but would do anything to un-see your profile photo.

link

Posted: Jan 10, 2021, 7:20 PM

Well....I’m fairly sure Catholicism is the largest sect of Christianity. And they support the Irish. They have an enormous fan base. No hidden meanings, just truths. All that and the first game promised a better game than the second one turned out to be.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Well....I’m fairly sure Catholicism is the largest sect of Christianity. And they support the Irish. They have an enormous fan base. No hidden meanings, just truths. All that and the first game promised a better game than the second one turned out to be.

I think this post has about 10 obvious trolls.***

[2]
Posted: Jan 11, 2021, 12:39 PM

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg link

Replies: 50  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 LOWER Level season tickets in Sec T, row W. $875ea. Flexible on payment. Located in Greenville.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
8440 people have read this post