Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The biggest difference in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

The biggest difference in Clemson

Jan 3, 2021, 10:23 AM

and 1-4 St is the fact that it will not take Dabo and Clemson 6 years and 3 revenge games to get even. No boys. For the sake of not sounding like a dumb coot, I won't go into the "wait until next year". Even though Clemson is in the CFP every year, it might take 1-4 St a couple of years to get back. They are best known for their epic collapses before playing 8 or 10 games each season. This loss will be a good thing. Everyone needs to step back and refocus by hitting the reset button. This team will still be young, but this team will have a massive boulder on their shoulder. One that will be dropped the next time that these two schools meet. Perhaps in Glendale, Arizona. That's where Clemson has buried 1-4 St. teams on more than just one occasion

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The biggest difference in Clemson

Jan 3, 2021, 11:13 AM

The biggest difference isn't the revenge factor ,or that Clemson will be in the CFP every year or the massive shoulder on the boulder you mentioned..
The difference is that in the last two appearances, Clemson has been dominated and embarrassed by an LSU team that was, frankly, IMO, the better team top to bottom, and by a 1-4 OSU team that for one game was more physical on both sides of the ball.
When we manhandled Bama 44 -14 in 2018,we were physically the dominate team.
That has not been the case the past two years, and until we focus on strengthing both lines we will continued to be pushed around.

Our DL has great young talent, Davis,

Jan 3, 2021, 11:54 AM

Bresee, and Murphy. OL has Parks and Tucker who have played this year, as well as Tchio and Mayes who have redshirted. We have 4 new OL coming in for 2021, and 3 new DL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest difference in Clemson ]

Although I agree with you about the lack of physicality on the lines. We are a very young team. When the power rangers all returned it slowed the progression of recruiting and experience of those behind them. Murphy and Bresee will only get better over the next 2-3 years, which is scary to think. Davis missed time this season and will hopefully be healthy all of next year.

Lbs are young, talented but inexperienced outside of skalski. There’s a reason we looked out of sorts without him.

I have all the faith and confidence in Dabo and coaches to build upon this loss...

Go Tigers

Although I agree with you about the lack of physicality on the lines. We are a very young team. When the power rangers all returned it slowed the progression of recruiting and experience of those behind them. Murphy and Bresee will only get better over the next 2-3 years, which is scary to think. Davis missed time this season and will hopefully be healthy all of next year.

Lbs are young, talented but inexperienced outside of skalski. There’s a reason we looked out of sorts without him.

I have all the faith and confidence in Dabo and coaches to build upon this loss...

Go Tigers

Go Tigers

Jan 3, 2021, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest difference in Clemson ]

The original post wasn't about breaking down the reasons as to why the Tigers were beaten and completely dominated in the trenches. It was about it not taking Dabo and this staff as long of a period of time, as 1-4 St, to clear the air. I never said it would be a revenge motive that will drive Dabo and the Tigers to get better. No, but it will be used as motivation if those two teams meet in the future and that is what I was referring to. The context of the post was this way {==== but you went that way ====}

In regards to your post, Dabo and the staff will add to the physicality, or lack thereof, with the influx of top tier blue chip talent on both sides of the ball and in both trenches. That was a mere given in my original post. Changes are already in effect along the trenches. Dabo and the staff will water the recruits with experience and watch them bloom where they are planted. These will grow a lot more aggressively. Just watch.

Jan 3, 2021, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: The biggest difference in Clemson ]

LSU did not physically dominate us. OSU did last year in first half and we returned the favor in second half. Yes you are correct this season. But look back at the last two seasons only OSU has put together 6 quarters in which we got physically dominated. But I think we will see a difference based on some guys growing up and incoming talent. Payton Page will provide some depth and Davis and Bresee will be older and wiser and we know they can be physically dominant. Myles Murphy will be dominant as well. We will have depth next season like we did in 2018. Keeping guys in for 80 snaps is not good. We used to get guys more rest and had little drop off. Couldn’t do that last year or this year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic