Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger from Ohio
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,255

Tiger from Ohio

Dec 27, 2020, 2:01 PM

I have a perspective that I’m certain I share with a small few but probably not what a typical Clemson fan can say: I am a Tiger Alum that was born and raised in SW Ohio. Grew up in Cincy, but graduated from Clemson and came back and lived a little while longer back in Ohio (but now a Floridian). I love and bleed orange and miss my time spent in those hills - esp the people! I do miss that southern hospitality.

But being from Ohio and while also being apart of the Tiger family, I have a unique perspective of both sides of this battle.

Without making this too long, I’ll say this: mostly what Buckeyes fans think of Clemson and Dabo is flat wrong and mostly what Clemson fans think of OSU is flat RIGHT. The most accurate being the OSU fans.

I like OSU (sort of). Growing up as a buckeye, I generally wanted to see them win. Jim Tressell really is a good man (and good men sometimes make bad decisions).

But it really is ‘the typical OSU fan’ that is hated throughout college football, and not just by Clemson. The arrogant and whiny fan base is unmatched. But it’s not everyone. There are a couple of reasonable buckeye fans, but mostly what I have experienced and grew up around are arrogant fans thinking the BIG10 is the biggest and best throughout college football. It’s never a better team that beats them. It’s always some other factor. Very rare is a humble OSU fan.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger from Ohio

Dec 27, 2020, 2:18 PM

Sounds a lot like coot fans and to be fair...most
sec fans.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are super arrogant....

Dec 27, 2020, 2:21 PM

and the real reason they hate Dabo (or even Clemson for that matter) is 0-4. No more, no less.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The OSU fans I've met at bolw game were humble

Dec 27, 2020, 3:28 PM

Of course, I met them after the games were over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 3:33 PM

Finally, an honest opinion from Ohio! Thanks and sounds like you are in a position to provide a knowledgeable assessment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 6:47 PM

Good post. For 6 years my family lived on a farm in OH, along the OH River. We were not far from South Point OH, obviously the most southern part of OH. Folks from southern OH are not that much different from us southerners.

Still a lot of good 'ol boys in southern OH. The best moonshine I ever had was from just a few miles away. They are hardworking, salt of the earth people. You have to go north in OH to find a heavy infestation of bucknuts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,255
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic