Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Masters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

The Masters

Nov 9, 2020, 2:54 PM

Lucas Glover is the only CU player in the field. Sergio Garcia has tested positive for Covid and has withdrawn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably only one of the many things

Nov 9, 2020, 3:11 PM

Sergio has tested positive for over the years...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how will the hurricane affect the tournament?***

Nov 9, 2020, 3:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: how will the hurricane affect the tournament?***

Nov 9, 2020, 3:17 PM

A good chance of rain, but the track models are still uncertain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Augusta probably ain't that sad about El Whiney not being

Nov 9, 2020, 4:51 PM

there. He (Garcia) is by far the biggest pouty whiner on the whole PGA Tour. And with no fans, you would have had to hear him whine.

As far as our Lucas goes, I wish him all the luck in the world with the flat stick this week. That is the one thing that has always held him back. And on THOSE greens, which are probably even faster than normal this time of year, lookout!

Re: Augusta probably ain't that sad about El Whiney not being

Nov 9, 2020, 5:00 PM

One thing we know about the speed of the greens ........ they will be at "tournament speed"! That is all you will get out of the ANGC.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And they don't like you saying that they are slick like they

Nov 9, 2020, 5:07 PM

have been bikini waxed, either. That comment got Gary McCord permanently barred from the broadcast team. He was right about it, though.

Fastest greens I ever personally played on were at a private course up in Clinton, SC named Musgrove Mill. We only got to play it as a Captain's Choice team in a SCANA tournament one time. All I remember is us being on one of the Par 5's in two, and then having to sink about a 10 foot putt for PAR. And we got down to the last man on a 5 man team before we made it. :(

Re: And they don't like you saying that they are slick like they

Nov 9, 2020, 5:25 PM

I played a lot of rounds at Musgrove. They had the fastest greens I ever played, and that includes the one time I had the good fortune to play at Augusta, although I assume the greens at Augusta aren’t kept that fast for member play.

I was within one hour of getting to play Augusta one time

Nov 9, 2020, 5:28 PM

many years ago, but got dropped at the last minute. :( :(

I know I probably would have shot a thousand, but I did have some game back then, and that I did not at least get the chance to try it on is one of the biggest regrets of my sporting life.

Re: And they don't like you saying that they are slick like they

Nov 9, 2020, 5:35 PM [ in reply to And they don't like you saying that they are slick like they ]

I've played Musgrove a number of times. Will Holroyd, the superintendent there always did a wonderful job of keeping those greens fast. The fastest greens I have ever played have been at Oakmont, but that is always exacerbated by the slope in the greens. At Oakmont you have to be so defensive putting that they can make you look like a complete moron on the putting surfaces. I have had three opportunities to play Augusta and turned them all down because I wasn't playing very well. I always thought I would get other opportunities, and could probably figure a way to get on, but I do not want to ask and have to be told "NO".

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic