Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We must remember why our money says "In God We Trust"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1,326

We must remember why our money says "In God We Trust"

Apr 16, 2014, 3:45 PM

Let's look at the inscription on the money we use. It says: "In God We Trust."

Most of the founding fathers of this great nation trusted in God. They looked beyond themselves to build the foundation of America.

They desired to shake off the tyranny of Great Britain, so they turned to God for guidance through perilous times.

Benjamin Franklin once wrote; “The longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?”

Rear Admiral Barry Black is/was chaplain of the U.S. Senate. He says America is in desperate need of prayer. He boldly declares that godliness is an national security issue. Through the power of prayer, he says we can find the encouragement we need to deal with the daunting challenges we face.

One thing that warms his heart and should be encouraging to all of us is a quote from God who says to the prophet Jeremiah; "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Be encouraged America. God has a remedy for your discontent as he states in 2 Chronicles 7:14; "If my people who are called by my name would humble themselves, seek my face and pray. Then from heaven I will hear their prayer, forgive their sin and heal their land."

The Atheists (yes the very same Freedom Fro mReligion Foundation) who sued to have the "In God We Trust" phrase removed from U.S. currency were smacked down and defeated.

They argue that they are "forced to proselytize -- by an Act of Congress -- for a deity they don't believe in whenever they handle money."

They will lose their battle with Clemson as well becasue as it says in Romans 8:31, "If God is for us who can be against us".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: We must remember why our money says "In God We Trust"

Apr 16, 2014, 3:52 PM

That will be the next thing to go, we can't get Obama administration out soon enough!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2014, 5:13 PM

Yeah, because the previous group did so much better.

Apr 16, 2014, 8:01 PM

We just keep replacing crap (repub) with more crap (demo) then more crap (repub)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

because God sounds better than Federal Reserve.

Apr 16, 2014, 4:29 PM

a lil more gravitas and thus more confidence in the currency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:"In God We Trust"....They're Trying To Take That Off Too.

Apr 16, 2014, 4:45 PM

Just wait and watch them operate.

Apr 16, 2014, 4:59 PM

The enlightenment was definitely more of an influence, you make it sound like God wrote the constitution.

Apr 16, 2014, 5:15 PM

I have never heard anything more wrong in my life. Who told you that?

Apr 16, 2014, 5:48 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Enlightenment

Apr 16, 2014, 6:53 PM

With regard to the Bible Locke was very conservative. He retained the doctrine of the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures.[22] The miracles were proofs of the divine nature of the biblical message. Locke was convinced that the entire content of the Bible was in agreement with human reason (The reasonableness of Christianity, 1695).[55][22] Although Locke was an advocate of tolerance, he urged the authorities not to tolerate atheism, because the denial of God's existence would undermine the social order and lead to chaos.[56]

Following Locke, the American Declaration of Independence founded human rights on the biblical belief in creation: "All men are created equal, (...) they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, (...) life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Locke's doctrine that governments need the consent of the governed is also central to the Declaration of Independence.

He was one of the most quoted free thinkers during the creation of the constitution. Doesn't exactly sound like Voltaire, does he?

Apr 16, 2014, 8:54 PM

Lol, didn't teach you that in school so I get a TD. You know someone is mad when somebody just quotes Wikipedia like they did and they TD you.

Apr 17, 2014, 8:39 AM

You told me you had never heard anything more wrong in your life when history shows that I am right. Therefore....

Factual history told him that***

Apr 16, 2014, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: We must remember why our money says "In God We Trust" ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks BigCUFan for your excellent post. Jeremiah 29:11

Apr 16, 2014, 5:38 PM

you quoted, along with Phillipians 4:6-7 and Psalm 130:5 are four verses I always include in my nightly prayer. I had to have a complete gastrectomy due to stage 3 cancer in 2012 and by the grace of God I have remained cancer free. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have my faith and hope in Christ that was instilled in me by family, teachers and church when I was growing up. Sad that some organization can try to determine if some people might never hear the hope in Christ. Dabo is a good man and it hurts to see him called out for something that he does for good and as the former players say that there was nothing ever mandatory.

I agree with all of that but remember that King George III

Apr 16, 2014, 5:58 PM

and the Brits prayed to this same God. Was he really for us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war...

Apr 16, 2014, 6:07 PM

when we were fighting the godless communists. Nearly all of the founding fathers were deists or unitarian universalists, they weren't christians. They were for separation of church and state. That's why they wrote this in the first amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Read that first part carefully, because it has flown over your head so far.

As idiotic as that atheist fundamentalist group is, the USA has never been a theocratic or Christian country. You really need to learn factual history, and stop believing in myths created by christian fundamentalists back in the 1980's.

This. I don't want religion mixing with guberment. Ever.

Apr 16, 2014, 6:14 PM

And I say this as a Christian. I don't agree 100% with the interpretations that other Christians have of the Bible. I don't want to be subjected to someone else's ideals, and I don't want to subject mine on others.

Get God out of the government. He wouldn't want to be associated with those sleazeballs, anyway.

Re: That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war...

Apr 16, 2014, 6:15 PM [ in reply to That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war... ]

Yeah, funny how if the Founding Fathers were so religious, the phrase didn't appear until the 1950s.

Sadly most here will just call you a liar and continue on in their delusions.

Re: That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war...

Apr 16, 2014, 6:21 PM [ in reply to That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war... ]

> As idiotic as that atheist fundamentalist group is,
> the USA has never been a theocratic or Christian
> country. You really need to learn factual history,
> and stop believing in myths created by christian
> fundamentalists back in the 1980's.

Absolutely nailed it.

This.****

Apr 16, 2014, 6:25 PM [ in reply to That phrase didn't appear on money until the cold war... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yeshua (Jesus) said to the rich man "“There is still one....

Apr 16, 2014, 6:10 PM

thing you haven’t done,” he told him. “Go and sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
At this the man’s face fell, and he went away sad, for he had many possessions.

Yeah, so God doesn't want his name on money.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1,326
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic