Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,437

TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid

Oct 26, 2020, 7:01 AM

Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid

Clemson’s offense hit a few bumps in the road that allowed the Syracuse Orange to be competitive with the top-ranked Tigers. Trevor Lawrence was quick to own his share of the responsibility saying, “I think it is obvious we didn’t play our best game. Probably played our worst game to this point and it starts with me.”
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid

Oct 26, 2020, 7:24 AM

The tempo was great on the first couple of drives, then we s l o w e d down our pace. When we run fast, everyone is jacked and hurrying to get in position and focused to run the play. Slow play they get lethargic and make more mistakes and allow the defense to get in position and rest too. Speed it up!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 7:47 AM

yeah it was a marked change. Almost like hey we're up 17 we've got this. fortunately we ultimately did but for a while we gave them hope and let them hang around. that isnt a good recipe

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2020, 12:07 PM

Foot stays on the gas, even with the 2's and 3's in.

*FINISH HIM!*

Tempo

Oct 26, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid ]

It is really fun to watch Clemson play with tempo. I don't know that tempo (or a lack thereof) was the big problem. I also tend to think that Clemson focuses in very well against big opponents (see struggles against UVA and dominance against Miami).

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unmentioned in the end of the article....

Oct 26, 2020, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Stats & Storylines: Clemson defense disrupts Syracuse upset bid ]

... that Clemson also lost its best receiver for the year: Ross. So all square with Alabama's loss of Waddle.

Oct 26, 2020, 9:07 AM

Cuse had a pass play, 83 yds, and a run play, 61 yds. 175-83= 92 yds passing. 150-61=89 yds rushing. 2 big plays but otherwise, the defense was excellent. Our offense did not make any big yds plays but ground out 455 yds. Good job. Pretty good stats for an “off day”.

hey tigernet

Oct 26, 2020, 9:35 AM

AP and coaches polls don't mean ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 26, 2020, 1:33 PM

The first time I saw Mac playing, I thought "That cat is like glue on the receiver". One of my all time favorite Clemson players.

I remember watching the 2015 loss when Mackenzie went out with a hamstring. I told my wife; well we just lost the ball game. She said "But we are winning!". Alabama immediately started lobbing the long ball to the corner. I told her our only hope was to drag out the game clock from there. You know the story. There was too much time on the clock; Clemson could not get out of the hurry up tempo, and with a few scoreless drives it was over.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,437
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic