Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Inside Look: Grading Clemson versus Virginia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Inside Look: Grading Clemson versus Virginia Tech

Dec 6, 2020, 5:01 PM

Inside Look: Grading Clemson versus Virginia Tech

Taking a deeper glance behind the numbers of the 45-10 win at Virginia Tech and how the No. 3 Tigers are playing going into the rematch with No. 2 Notre Dame in the ACC title game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Inside Look: Grading Clemson versus Virginia Tech

Dec 6, 2020, 5:41 PM

Look, I'm no X and O man, and I don't know one scheme from another, but I do know sloppy, and uninspired play when I see it, and from what I have seen the last two weeks ,we go to Charlotte playing like we have the past two weeks, and Notre Dame will will win the Conference Championship.
And the sad thing about is we have a Tarhole guy to blame for letting them into the conference on their terms,in the first place.

Dec 6, 2020, 7:33 PM

Yeah, needs to be tighter to go the distance. Starting with next game if there are national championship aspirations this year.

Not sure I understand the angle against the ND conference play. Glad we can play them twice. Play tighter a few weeks ago and we coulda seen Brian Kelly cry and whine twice this season!!

PFF must not grade punters.***

Dec 6, 2020, 6:39 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spiers thinking "whew they forgot about me".***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spiers thinking "whew they forgot about me".***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:21 PM

How is it that we have University of 16k and he’s the best option at punter? Really?

Re: Spiers thinking "whew they forgot about me".***

Dec 6, 2020, 7:23 PM

I have never been impressed by him. Vanderbilt went to a girl, I bet we can find one better than him..

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's been serviceable this year

Dec 6, 2020, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Spiers thinking "whew they forgot about me".*** ]

Definitely not great, but better than he's been in previous seasons.

The one thing that always bothers about Spiers though is how he changes his kick so much when he's punting from close to midfield. Like if we are punting from our own 45 and he tries to take something off of it and skies it. That's gonna land somewhere around the 15 or 20. Just kick it dude... you don't have the leg to put it into the EZ from 55 yards out! Maybe change the trajectory a little to get some more air under the ball, but don't take anything off of it!

Re: He's been serviceable this year

Dec 7, 2020, 10:06 AM

We went out and spent a scholly getting that left footed punter... What gives. Rarely seen him get any chances. Is he just not grading out in practice or is the spiers money and legacy just keeping him in. Spiers should roll out and kick it every time no matter where we are kicking from.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 7:12 PM

Hope its in the 60's for charlotte or etn can't run....gezzz lets hope the next gen of rb's have the want too because i don't see it...

Message was edited by: spiderman_x10®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2020, 11:23 PM

I don't think any running back is going to have the success we've grown accustomed to until we get a decent offensive line. Remember the size of the holes and seams last year...or the year before? Those were the good old days. These guys this year suck! Fortunately we have young guys with a very bright future. Next year we may have one of the best in the country, but unfortunately that doesn't help us this year. Remember when we could have put the game away with just ONE first down at South Bend back in November?? Last year's O-Line would have gotten that first down! Let's hope we don't get into that situation again in Charlotte.

Dec 6, 2020, 7:21 PM

I dont know about this grading thing, but Bresee is doubled most of the time now. He is such a force teams are doubling him to keep him out of the backfield...

Dec 6, 2020, 9:52 PM

Well, if you watch the VT touchdown, Bresee is totally blown out of the hole one on one.

Dec 7, 2020, 10:10 AM

For all we know. He's still hurt. Hopefully gets regenerized for ND.

Dec 6, 2020, 9:07 PM

It was a hard game to watch. Just felt weird. I never thought we were in danger of losing, but things just seemed 'off'. Hope we can get things fixed before Charlotte.

Dec 7, 2020, 8:04 AM

It was a game of little importance. All they had to do was win. Better to play soft and stay uninjured for the Championship game. They did that in 2018 when they let the Coots score 35 against them. We all know how that year turned out.

Dec 7, 2020, 10:30 AM

Agree. Liked Anna's question to Elliot on EJ. He responded just wanting to keep Spector involved. Yeah right. He's a second gen player. Just keeping Williams tucked away I hope...

HillRock Tiger had a great thread on the oline yesterday. Good discussion with the x and o's and Jimmy and Joe's.

Just hope we get booth back and zanders. As well as get Skalski healed up... And get Trevor and Travis some r and r and their head right. Especially Trevor. Feel for him because he had all that talent around him freshman year and it's been all downhill since with the talent. Busts and injuries. Wishing now they'd done surgery on Ngata as soon as he wasn't healing the way you normally do...

Thoughts on the Pitt game being emotionally draining? Not knowing whether they were playing in fsu or not until late? Also, didn't see Vinson in for snaps. Would have jerked bockhurst. He did have a terrible game. Wonder if he's still not 100.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic