Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So who else on the team tested positive and.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,120

So who else on the team tested positive and.....

Oct 30, 2020, 8:59 AM

Clemson will not release their names. If players test positive but disallow the information being released we will only know Saturday morning (I believe) that they are inactive. We will have to wait till tomorrow to see the real impact of COVID on the Clemson Football team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So who else on the team tested positive and.....

Oct 30, 2020, 9:01 AM

So why didnt they wait till Sat on this one? Just cause coaches and team know doesnt mean wee have to tell the media squat. Technically dont eveen have to say why he's out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2020, 9:03 AM

Good question, maybe they figured they would alleviate the distraction on game day of it being released that Trevor was inactive. Not sure what the strategy was.

Oct 30, 2020, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: So who else on the team tested positive and..... ]

I think it would be a huge distraction if Lawrence were out and they didn't give a reason. The reporters would be all over the coaches and players about it. Our fans would be in a panic that he had some sort of serious injury the coaches were trying to hide. There would probably even be rumors of Lawrence sitting out games to protect his draft status. It's much easier to just come out with the truth.

I've read multiple reports saying TL was the only positive

Oct 30, 2020, 9:06 AM

I believe they test again today so we will see if that remains the case. While you are correct that they can choose to not have their names released, Dabo wouldn't flat out lie and say Trevor was the only positive case if there were other positives. We would've heard something to the extent of "Three Clemson players including QB Trevor Lawrence have tested positive for COVID-19."

Didn't they say that TL was the only one ?

Oct 30, 2020, 9:07 AM

In fact ,TL tested negative Sunday but positive on Wednesday test.

They test on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday per ACC requirements

Now, there's the regular Friday test today that we have to get by.

Probably woud've been better if TL had tested positive

Oct 30, 2020, 9:11 AM

Sunday.

Re: Probably woud've been better if TL had tested positive

Oct 30, 2020, 9:43 AM

If he had tested positive on Sunday we would run into a TON more contact tracing problems.

The fact that he was negative Sunday means that contact tracing during the game (meaning on the sidelines or in the locker room) would play a part in players having to sit Saturday.

The fact that it was the Wednesday test lets other players out of the woods for being near him, unless they also test positive in the coming days, but it does shrink his timetable in terms of the possibility of only missing one game.

they need to check the credentials of the tester

Oct 30, 2020, 9:30 AM [ in reply to Didn't they say that TL was the only one ? ]

make sure they're not a Notre Dame mole.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,120
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic