Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So Nebraska and Maryland go to B1G and get the shaft...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

So Nebraska and Maryland go to B1G and get the shaft...

Aug 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

Should we call it a "Sandusky", or is there a better name for it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So Nebraska and Maryland go to B1G and get the shaft...

Aug 14, 2020, 1:17 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well since they're going to get $50 million and Sandusky

Aug 14, 2020, 7:29 PM

only got a little tail,

you may want to go with the "The Epstein".

Re: Well since they're going to get $50 million and Sandusky

Aug 14, 2020, 8:40 PM

Not sure I’ve ever heard someone refer to children as “tail”. Yuck.

if you don't understand what sarcasm sounds like

Aug 15, 2020, 12:49 AM

then shut the f*ck up.

Because I can d*mn well guarantee you that the next time you impute that sort of meaning to one of my posts, I will spend the remainder of my days trying to make sure it'll be the last post you ever make on this Board.

Impute this: SHUT the F*CK UP!!!***

Aug 15, 2020, 3:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're exactly what is wrong with people, Bubby

Aug 15, 2020, 11:30 AM

you act like Ego is the most important thing that people have.

I prefer Integrity, and will defend Integrity over Ego any day.

The sarcasm was to note that no matter how much Nebraska got paid, or indeed possibly lost, their "sacrifice" could never approach - NEVER - what happened to those children. To compare the two is, well, missing the mark, even in the snide; though I absolutely presume and accept that no harm was meant but the OP. My use of the trivialized description "tail" was indeed the tip-off for astute readers that the $50 million was a red herring at best, deserving of more critical analysis and comparison.

And yes, the next time someone suggests that I in any way would trivialize what happened at PSU, there's going to be a problem of real consequence.

PSU's Football program should have been disbanded, and every memorial to Paterno destroyed. Those "fans" are ALL complicit to insensitivity in the highest extreme, and anyone who celebrates the Nittany Lion Legacy is just as complicit as Paterno was in turning a blind eye to the horror that is child abuse. PSU, as a community, had an opportunity to make a stand against Child abuse in a way that would have raised awareness ten-fold, in a way that showed what was really valuable in society. They utterly failed; and they failed in such a way that does in fact contribute to further child abuse even today.

PSU should be vilified at every turn; in part because Paterno put Ego above all else. Would it be that people would put down their Egos just long enough to understand that.

Toodles, Bubby.

"The Epstein"? That's a good one...

Aug 15, 2020, 6:38 AM [ in reply to Well since they're going to get $50 million and Sandusky ]

...even though he killed hisself...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

had Nebraska foregone the $50 mil

Aug 15, 2020, 11:32 AM

would it have been suicide.... or murder?

My vote is for the latter - f*cking arrogant B1G....

Re: "The Epstein"? That's a good one...

Aug 17, 2020, 1:28 PM [ in reply to "The Epstein"? That's a good one... ]

Yes, “himself...”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How did they get shafted?

Aug 15, 2020, 11:56 AM

Just because they aren’t playing football this year?

They benefited a lot financially by going to the Big 10. That benefits not only their football team, but all of their sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 17, 2020, 7:03 PM

Maryland got the shaft they wanted. They'll never compete in football, they'll do OK every few years in basketball, and they'll be middle of the pack in the Olympic sports. Oh yeah, and they'll take home a big check. A BIG10, or some number, check!

Aug 17, 2020, 7:04 PM

Hate Maryland!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 7:48 PM

Could not have happened to a better school than Mary-land. They'll count their money but OSU, PSU, and Mich will annually abuse them for the next 30 years.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic