Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Running out of bounds during last drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 865

Running out of bounds during last drive

Sep 4, 2016, 1:38 AM

We come out of a time out after 2nd down with 50 secs left in the game. Auburn has zero time outs left. Certainly our coaches tell them NOT TO RUN OUT OF BOUNDS. What do we do? Run out of bounds. The play only took 3 seconds and now it was 4th down with 47 seconds. It should have been 4th down with 17 seconds, use our last time out as the new play clock hits zero. Then there would have been only 10 seconds left after a failed 4th down try. Auburn would have had only one hail mary chance. At most he throws it to our 30 and even if they catch it they would have still had to run 30 yards for the score. We should have never even run a play close to the sideline on 3rd down. But we won so I guess its all good despite my tore up nerves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You run a play wide and sometimes

Sep 4, 2016, 1:43 AM

The runner ends up out of bounds. If all we wanted was to run clock we woulda gone up the middle. Gallman saw a chance at a first down and took it. Guy came across and knocked him out.

Re: You run a play wide and sometimes

Sep 4, 2016, 1:54 AM

to me, it looked like gallman was going to try to go up the middle but it was clogged. He than ran outside and got too close to side line and was pushed oob

Isn't the playclock 40 seconds?

Sep 4, 2016, 1:44 AM

Agree with your premise, but if the playclock is 40 seconds, we would have called our last timeout at about 7 seconds instead of 17, and then we could have used most of that on our 4th down play. If we throw the ball in the end zone of into the stands, we could use at least 5 seconds if not the entire 7 seconds.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't the playclock 40 seconds?

Sep 4, 2016, 1:46 AM

play clock is 30 seconds

Did it change again since they changed it to 40 seconds in

Sep 4, 2016, 1:54 AM

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/PressArchive/2008/Playing%2BRules/NCAA%2BFootball%2BRules%2BCommittee%2BProposes%2BRules%2Bto%2BEnhance%2BStudent-Athlete%2BSafety%2Band%2BEncourage%2BConsistent%2BPace%2Bof%2BPlay.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its 40. Or, i saw several times 37, 38 second clocks anyway***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Isn't the playclock 40 seconds? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 6
| visibility 865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic