Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finebaum sounds like someone just licked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 4,129

Finebaum sounds like someone just licked

Nov 18, 2019, 7:01 PM

the red off of his candy . All I saw was the end of his show and he was really affected emotionally .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finebaum sounds like someone just licked

Nov 18, 2019, 7:11 PM

He was wondering if his golden goose has just laid their last egg.

How relevant is Pawl with no bama in the national picture. My guess is his ratings/paydays will be impacted.

Hard to believe he actually cares about Tua.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA...

Nov 18, 2019, 7:17 PM

football fans. We hate Tua when he's on the field but that isn't real hate, real hate would cause delight in his injury. I find only sorrow from him not being able to continue his career. My hate wasn't real hate.

I sought relief from sorrow through prayer for the kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA...

Nov 18, 2019, 7:22 PM

Shouldn’t his show be called, “The Alabama, Alabama, Alabama Show”?

yall do realize Paul’s love for Bama

Nov 19, 2019, 8:54 AM

Is because he’s been in Alabama since the early 80’s writing for the local paper in Birmingham

He’s not pumping Bama because they’re on top this decade,(maybe a little) it’s because Alabama sports has been his entire career.

Re: yall do realize Paul’s love for Bama

Nov 19, 2019, 10:32 AM

Paul also graduated from the University of Tennessee. Because of the lack of success of Vanderbilt, Alabama would probably be considered their biggest rival. The fact that he would change his allegiances so easily, kind of tells us that his true allegiance is to anyone that is going to benefit himself.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA... ]

Well said.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA... ]

Couldn’t have said it any better! A fine example of a Clemson man.

Tua's a good guy and it's a shame he's done for the year.

Nov 18, 2019, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA... ]

Hope he recovers fully and we get to beat him one more time before he leaves.

Nov 19, 2019, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA... ]

Well put sir. I hated to hear how much pain he was in. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

What has Tua REALLY done for college football

Nov 19, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Tua's injury left a mark on the hearts of all true NCAA... ]

1. Subbed in late to a NC game to come back and beat UGA
2. Subbed out late in an SECCG b/c he wasn't getting the job done
3. Got completely blown out of a NC

Did I miss anything?

Don’t watch him but he is so cootish with his Bama love.

Nov 18, 2019, 7:25 PM

He can’t say anything good about his own school on the football field so he lives vicariously through Bama and the rest of the conference. That man is pitiful.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You would think that as a Tennessee grad he would at least

Nov 18, 2019, 8:11 PM

publicly wear his fandom, and bemoan his school's recent travails. But, no, just like Coots, he jumped on the Bama coattails every year. Will he now jump on the LSU bandwagon, or will he continue to flog the dead horse that is Alabama football? Because, make no mistake, the negative press from Saban's handling of Tua, and his seemingly callous reaction to his injury is going to have long term repercussions for Bama on the recruiting trail.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You would think that as a Tennessee grad he would at least

Nov 19, 2019, 10:36 AM

I made a similar comment before I scrolled down to you. Sorry, I wasn't trying to cut in.

they talk about how Tua changed Alabama football

Nov 18, 2019, 7:57 PM

so significantly. Really?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: they talk about how Tua changed Alabama football

Nov 18, 2019, 8:05 PM

It was Clemson who showed the world that Tuscaloosa was no longer the center of the football world but that center had now shifted to a school located on the shores of Lake Hartwell. There are still some who have not as yet accepted that fact.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In what respect? Did they mean Bama changed from a

Nov 19, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to they talk about how Tua changed Alabama football ]

power-rushing team to a passing team behind Tua?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua lovefest

Nov 19, 2019, 7:13 AM

I am sorry that Tua got hurt. It looked to be freak accident and I hope he recovers and has a nice pro career.

Having said that, the Tua lovefest got a bit out of hand after his hip injury. Of course, everyone hates to see anyone badly hurt playing football. Of course everyone wishes him well. More or less like most Clemson fans regretted Lattimore's career ending injuries, most SEC fans regret Tua's injury.

The part about Tua's greatness as a QB and him changing Alabama football seems debateable to me. Tua was the QB for 26 Bama games. He came off the bench to beat Georgia for a Natty. He was replaced by Hurts to beat Georgia a second time for an SEC title. He beat Oklahoma in the CFP semi last year. Those games strike me as his only nationally significant wins. On a national scale he looked awful losing to Clemson in the Natty last year and he looked less than great in losing to LSU in a regular season SEC game this year. That's not a bad record, but it's not hall of fame material in my book.

I wish Tua well in his physical recovery and I hope he can play again.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tua lovefest

Nov 19, 2019, 7:38 AM

He was the first QB to introduce Bama to the forward pass. When Clemson beat them in 2016, they saw the handwriting on the wall. They needed to progress to the modern era of college football. Tua did that. They don’t have another QB capable of continuing this on the present roster. The injury of Tua has been treated like a funeral. It is the death of a dynasty.

What Bama didn’t realize was that Clemson had already killed their dynasty.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wanted to debate about Tua introducing Bama to the

Nov 19, 2019, 10:19 AM

forward pass, since many years ago they did have a QB by the name of Joe Willie Namath. He could throw it a little bit, as he later proved in the NFL, leading my hapless NY Jets to the biggest upset of all time in Super Bowl III.

But, when I looked up his Alabama passing totals, I was stunned to see that his CAREER total yardage in three years was only 2713 yards. By contrast, now there are 17 QB's who already have more than that THIS YEAR. The Bear's teams did not chunk it around much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting

Nov 19, 2019, 7:55 AM

You put "finebaum" and "licked" in the thread title and people responded. Including myself. Groce.

Replies: 20
| visibility 4,129
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic