Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Other Update: Clemson celebrates 75 years of Tiger Rag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Other Update: Clemson celebrates 75 years of Tiger Rag

Oct 5, 2017, 10:24 AM

Clemson celebrates 75 years of Tiger Rag

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My post in 2014 when Dean passed away...

Oct 5, 2017, 10:29 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1396005

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This apprears to be a pre-Rag poast for you.

Oct 5, 2017, 12:40 PM

You see how many more TUs you get for stuff like that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Other Update: Clemson celebrates 75 years of Tiger Rag

Oct 5, 2017, 10:47 AM

crazy a version of this song is played by a ton of other places with tiger mascots

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did we start playing it before LSU? I know we

Oct 5, 2017, 10:47 AM

call our stadium Death Valley before them. but LSU is older than us . I would like to know when they syarted playing it

Re: did we start playing it before LSU? I know we

Oct 5, 2017, 11:14 AM

LSU uses Tiger Rag as a pregame song and has been using it since 1928. Their main fight song was a rendition of Hey Look Me Over renamed Hey Fighting Tigers. This changed a few years ago and I am not sure what their current fight song is but it is not Tiger Rag. They do enjoy playing their version when they play Clemson in order to bug the crowd. I believe Clemson is the only major college to use it as their primary fight song while several use it as their secondary fight song.

then in the late 90s or early 00's

Oct 5, 2017, 11:18 AM

the students ruined it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Woo Hoo***

Oct 5, 2017, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Woo Hoo***

Oct 5, 2017, 11:48 AM

As a student from the late 90's early oughts...I hate the woo hoo.

No later than 1994 . . .

Oct 5, 2017, 12:51 PM [ in reply to then in the late 90s or early 00's ]

I know there's been some attempts to nail it down precisely, and I don't have the answer, but I can say one thing for sure, I was a freshman in 1994, and it was distinctive and obvious then. I grew up a Clemson fan and went to a handfull of games every year, and never heard it until my freshman year (1994). It could have been earlier and I missed it (we didn't sit in the same place every time, I could have been too far away to hear it if it was a small portion of the student body), but by '94 it was noticeable.

Re: No later than 1994 . . .

Oct 5, 2017, 5:15 PM

I was a student from 1980-1984 and there was definitely no Woohoo then!

Oct 5, 2017, 11:33 AM

Perhaps the most notable of all revered Tiger traditions. Inseparable from our fondest memories of games we attend. It excites the crowd and juices up our team. Amazing on two counts, that music rights bought for only $1.50 and the impact it would have for hundreds of thousands of adoring souls. Thx for sharing. Go Tigers and Happy 75th Tiger Rag. Thx Tiger band for the music you bring to our games!??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 11:39 AM

Proud Alumni band member here; I can't wait to march again on the field! It's always one of my favorite parts of the football season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Tiger Rag predecessor Tiger Rah (link)

Oct 5, 2017, 12:26 PM

Just thought I'd share it since I didnt know what it was either https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttWNg6wAwBo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2017, 12:30 PM

By far .....and not even close ..... the best rendition of Tiger Rag played by a college band!

There was a version of Tiger Rag that was very similar to

Oct 5, 2017, 5:02 PM

Auburns version that the band would play around the end of the third quarter in the late 70's and 80's. I wish they would bring that back. Some of you older band members may remember it. I remember it being on a band cassette tape I had as a kid.

Re: There was a version of Tiger Rag that was very similar to

Oct 6, 2017, 12:23 AM

From Wikipedia: Tiger Rag is LSU's pregame song which was first introduced in 1926. LSU is the first school to use the melody. The Louisiana State University Tiger Marching Band performs it on the field before every home game and a section of the hit song is played right after the Tigers score a touchdown. However, the full version of the song is reserved for very special occasions.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic