Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida vs. LSU from my perspective.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,839

Florida vs. LSU from my perspective.

Dec 13, 2020, 7:29 AM

I was shocked, surprised and filled with joy!

Couple of quick observations.

1. The clock management by both coaches at the end of the game was horrible. With one timeout and it is second down, O calls a timeout. Then he runs the ball so he has to run his kicking team onto the field to kick a 57 yd FG with the clock running down. After calling the timeout, I said, "That was stupid. Now he has to throw the ball." After he ran the ball I said, "That was stupid, now he has to throw the ball." After running the ball I said, "He's an idiot."

But, Mullen bailed him out by calling a TO, giving the LSU kicking team plenty of time to get set. After Mullen called the TO, I said, "He's an even bigger idiot."

2. The shoe throwing incident - here is my thought: Last year an Ole Miss player decided to act like a dog after scoring a TD. The penalty not only cost the team a win it also cost the coach his job. Last night, that incident cost his team the game. And, I wonder, did it cost Dan Mullen the Texas job?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow that is the first “Mullen to TX” suggestion I have heard

Dec 13, 2020, 7:35 AM

You think Mullen would consider that? There is a lot of potential at Texas, but Florida is already sitting in a great position for years to come.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow that is the first “Mullen to TX” suggestion I have heard

Dec 13, 2020, 7:38 AM

8 years, 100 million bucks? Yes, he would consider it.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if TX would consider offering it to him or not. But, I can at least dangle the possibility out in front of my Gator friends. (Right now the TX AD is saying that Herman will be back next year. Most TX fans don't believe that.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow that is the first “Mullen to TX” suggestion I have heard

Dec 13, 2020, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Wow that is the first “Mullen to TX” suggestion I have heard ]

I mean, yeah...the Florida talent pool has shown it's actually better than the Texas pool - Mack Brown himself noted there were far too many "maxed out" players coming from those Texas super-programs that were as good as they were ever going to get coming out of high school - whereas in Florida, talent falls off of trees...and the only in-state program really fighting UF for it is...(cough) FSU. Who...has gone in, uhm...interesting and exciting new directions in regards to coaching, recruiting, and even actually playing football games. Miami keeps local guys at home sometimes, and that's about it.

I'd probably rather coach UF at the moment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,839
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic