Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What surprises me is that some of you embrace the "elite"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What surprises me is that some of you embrace the "elite"

Sep 4, 2016, 9:18 AM

status bestowed on our team.....yet whine and moan when we call him out for failing to get the team ready to play to elite standards.

Dabo always preaches that "best is the standard".

So either we embrace what being elite really means and play to the standard, or we just accept that we will be a Bowdenesque team----snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: What surprises me is that some of you embrace the "elite"

Sep 4, 2016, 9:20 AM

Dude, you're going to make heads explode with this one.

I agree, fwiw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Sep 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

Nothing like stirring the pot on a Sunday morning. However, I speak truth.

If we are elite, then we need to play to the standard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:41 AM

If a team is going to target a standard and fall short of that, then elite is why the team won. TB's teams often fell short of standard, but 'elite' wasn't the goal...keeping him in a job with just enough wins was the standard back then. Dabo and staff have a much higher standard, but falling short at times is still sufficient to win. That's a refreshing change and...the record the past five years bears that out.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you got it right...

Sep 4, 2016, 9:22 AM

about the "some of you". We'll be elite when we have had 3-4 CFP appearances, and (another) NC trophy.

It's that 'some of you" group that get's their panties in a wad over a close win.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really? I thought we won.

Sep 4, 2016, 9:24 AM

I swear, I thought we won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You sound just like Nick Saban. Oh, wait nevermind...

Sep 4, 2016, 10:09 AM

I meant to say Tommy Bowden.

Hear what Saban said after such a dominating win: "We have a few things to work on."

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Really? I thought we won.

Sep 4, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Really? I thought we won. ]

I thought so as well.

With Bowden, the team would have folded at halftime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 9:30 AM

Appears the OP is new to college football as he/she does not understand the difficulties of playing on the road, the difficulties of playing your best every week or the value of celebrating a win. Had the OP been a Clemson fan from 92-2009 he/she would understand why many of refuse to whining bioch over a road win against a quality opponent the first game of the season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 9:41 AM

Defeat from the jaws of victory??? Did we lose?????? Bowden's teams wouldn't have the toughness to win that game despite a poor performance like Dabo's did.

Only one elite team played like it yesterday and that was Alabama. Two other perennial top 10 programs lost yesterday, we did not.

Sep 4, 2016, 10:20 AM

Best is the standard. Perfect is not the standard. The best teams, which we set our standard to be, play bad games yet find a way to win. No team plays great every game.

We played our C game last night and won a road game against a big time program in a tough environment.

Last years Iron Bowl was pretty similar to last nights game...a late Henry TD made it look worse than it was.

Best is definitely the standard. We have a ton to improve on, last nights performance was not what our team expects or is capable of. But being the best means winning even when we don't play well. That's because of elite talent and elite focus overcoming poor execution.

We will be fine.

I think Dabo would be the first to tell you that we weren't

Sep 4, 2016, 10:27 AM

elite last night, and fell short of the "Best" standard.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ridgeline Booster, HERE HERE!!

Sep 4, 2016, 10:30 AM

You my friend get it!! My thoughts on " Best is the standard"! It means the total opposite of what I witnessed last night in Auburn. Some mistakes are going to happen but the 4th quarter was a complete debacle and nearly gave us an embarrassing loss. Yes, I said embarrassing.

Auburn offense didn't know what to do. We hammered them for a half but the 2nd half they lit us up for over 200 yards. "Best" was not on display, not even close.

I love the W, but the game itself played out poorly. Clemson looked average, and like you say I'm not alright with looking average!!!! Come on Tigers, W is good but we as fans deserve and WILL get better in future games. Last night was wake up call that thankfully did not cost us a loss!!

Go Tigers!! We expect " Best is the standard".

Sep 4, 2016, 10:33 AM

Elite teams when tough road games when they do not play their best ( See Alabama last 5 years ) . We are elite right now , not by our recruited and developed talent or by our coaching or even by our scheduling , we are elite because we win football games even when playing what some would determine as sub-standard .
Don't fault Dabo for saying " Best is Standard " , just understand that even when we haven't played our best , we have won under CDS more often than not .

DB23

I hope Dabo is first to admit

Sep 4, 2016, 10:40 AM

Last night was poor on so many levels. His decisions near game end were borderline ridiculous.

It's a simple game unless you get caught in the moment and he certainly got caught up in something!! You kneel down for 2 plays once Auburn expends their last TO, end of discussion. What that ending can be called is simply atrocious. He is getting paid too much money to make such dumb mistakes. Flame in me all you want but that was horrendous coaching. Deer in headlights, and he knows it was wrong in hindsight I guarantee it but hindsight is for us, the fans, to whine and biotch about on forums such as this. Auburn had 2 chances to beat us b/c of poor coaching, and don't get me started about the non FG, jeez Louise!!

Go Tigers!!

Re: I hope Dabo is first to admit

Sep 4, 2016, 10:43 AM

I think some people might be surprised at what Auburn does this year too, now that the Chump is gone. . . .

i thought Bowden was fired for losing games, not winning close games...***

Sep 4, 2016, 10:44 AM

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Sep 4, 2016, 10:46 AM

So are you saying to be consider elite you need to blow out every opponent?

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic