»
Topic: Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp
Replies: 8   Last Post: Nov 19, 2020, 12:57 PM by: tigerdrummer®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8  

Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp

[4]
Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 2:37 PM

because he never had a banner. But when Spurrier announced his retirement mid season 2015 or so I went on Ebay that night and pretended to be a member of UofSC athletic department and started an auction to sell the Steve Spurrier banner that was hanging outside W-B stadium. The ad read something like this:

"We wish to thank Coach Spurrier for his time here at USC for raising the football program to historic heights. Now is your chance to own a part of USC history. Good luck on bidding for the banner that now hangs outside Williams-Brice Stadium".

That night I saw a few bids here and there but by the time I woke up the next morning the bidding was over $3,000. I even saw a few posts on FGF about the bidding. What started as a joke ended up sprouting wings and taking flight. I felt a slight panic (LOL) so I contacted Ebay and told them it was a joke and they instructed me how to remove the ad which I did. The Ebay ad disappeared within a few minutes.

I wonder whatever happened to that banner????

The banner's destination ...

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 2:53 PM

I think that is Garcia ...

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Where are the screenshots?***

Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 3:43 PM

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.

Re: Where are the screenshots?***

Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 4:53 PM

When Ebay removed my ad they also removed everything the ad contained. So I currently have no record of it on my Ebay account.

A screenshot would have been something you did independently

Posted: Nov 19, 2020, 12:57 PM

of eBay.

2021 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

There's something in these hills.

Re: Unfortunately I was not able to do this for Muschamp

[1]
Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 3:54 PM

I figure the banner was bought by a person with a castle that has tall towers or somebody who lives in a really wide flagpole.

nullmilitary_donation.jpg

Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 4:11 PM

I have little doubt the banner resides at Steve Spurrier's house.

Probably in a basement and he rolls it out every night to look at it

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 6:36 PM

I saw Spurrier interviewed on, I believe, the Golf Channel or Feherty. He was asked about the banner and said he was not in favor of it being installed. He seemed a bit embarrassed by it all. Of course, this was after he resigned.

2021 purple level member

Posted: Nov 18, 2020, 5:34 PM

I heard that the Mars/M&M company bought it up to use just the middle part of the banner...because, you know, Spurrier was a candy-a@@...

Message was edited by: TwoNats®

2021 white level member

Replies: 8  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2021 Season Tickets for sale. The location is as followed: TD TDH R 17 TD TDH R 19 TD TDH R 21 The c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1769 people have read this post