Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Given that Trump is out of office now, doesn't the 14th...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Given that Trump is out of office now, doesn't the 14th...

Jan 22, 2021, 3:35 PM

amendment (section 3) make more sense if one wants him not to be able to hold office again?

As I understand it, Congress would make a finding of fact which would take a simple majority in the house and senate. After that there seems to be some question of if the courts would have to issue a decree or if that would only need to happen if President Trump would challenge the resolution by Congress.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given that Trump is out of office now, doesn't the 14th...

Jan 22, 2021, 3:56 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump is a poison for the Republican party.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:06 PM

If they ever want to get a real conservative as a POTUS again, they need to rid themselves of the Trump stink.

Re: Trump is a poison for the Republican party.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:17 PM

He will inspire his base and ask them to support Nikki, who will win in a landslide, especially after four disastrous years of Dem/ Biden rule! You have NO idea how bad Biden is going to be.

Why do you think Obama tried to talk him out of running and Bill Maher called him?: "a 'friggin' tragedy magnet". At least we know Maher isn't in massive denial like the rest of you lost and confused libbies!! LMAO. Your denial and wishful thinking is a thing of comedic beauty. KEEP it up.....better than SNL!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sooner he is divorced from the party, the sooner people

Jan 22, 2021, 4:53 PM

will forget about him. The lies and conspiracy theories are not a path forward.

Re: Trump is a poison for the Republican party.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Trump is a poison for the Republican party. ]

The Congressional majority doesn't.***

Jan 22, 2021, 4:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I still have faith that moderates are the ones that elect

Jan 22, 2021, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump is a poison for the Republican party. ]

presidents. Moderates don't want lies and conspiracy theories running the country.

While that is true, I don't get the impression that many in

Jan 22, 2021, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Trump is a poison for the Republican party. ]

the party agree with you. 20%?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: While that is true, I don't get the impression that many in

Jan 22, 2021, 6:51 PM

I'm split on this issue....

Jan 22, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Given that Trump is out of office now, doesn't the 14th... ]

I agree with your assessment about making it easier for him to play the martyr with impeachment or 14th amendment.

I also think he did incite insurrection. I'm not sure it's as open and shut enough to impeach, but I also think he deserves some kind of punishment/consequences. He crossed the line with his rhetoric/lies over the last 2 months and specifically 2 weeks ago.

Re: I'm split on this issue....

Jan 22, 2021, 5:07 PM

Re: I'm split on this issue....

Jan 22, 2021, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I'm split on this issue.... ]

Flow,

I think the country would be far better off with Trump as a martyr than as a possible king-maker.

I am not sure I could say the same about the Rep party.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Given that Trump is out of office now, doesn't the 14th... ]

T3,

I think the Dems are worried about him running again because of the damage just running can do to the country (& rational thinking).

The Reps are worried that he might win the primaries and become their candidate again - and then get defeated by any rational Dem - further crushing the Rep party.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:12 PM

Jan 22, 2021, 5:04 PM

flow,

I read somewhere that they have to vote to convict on impeachment before they can use the 14th process. I'm sorry that i don't remember where I saw that, but it was about 2 weeks ago.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic