Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Convince me that the ACC Atlantic is not the best division in college football.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Convince me that the ACC Atlantic is not the best division in college football.

Sep 9, 2016, 9:44 PM

We may have the 3 best QBs in the country.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

if we were in SEC ESPN would be having a fit

Sep 9, 2016, 9:46 PM

talking about these 3 QBs. Hell we'd already all be 1,2,3 in the polls!

Re: Convince me that the ACC Atlantic is not the best division in college football.

Sep 9, 2016, 9:46 PM

We'll see.

Which remindz me, ND in Atlantic or Coastal?

Re: Convince me that the ACC Atlantic is not the best division in college football.

Sep 9, 2016, 10:17 PM

Neither, they aren't an ACC team in football. Still independent, add far as their football program is concerned.

ACC-Cornfield***

Sep 10, 2016, 7:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Convince me that the ACC Atlantic is not the best division in college football. ]

Wake, BC, NC state and Cuse all suck?***

Sep 9, 2016, 9:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do bottom teams in EVERY conference.***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So do bottom teams in EVERY conference.***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:03 PM

Vandy, Mizzo, Usuc

4 out of 7 suck in every division?***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:08 PM [ in reply to So do bottom teams in EVERY conference.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. The SEC West that everyone loves to praise is nothing outside of Bama and maybe Ole Miss.

Sep 9, 2016, 10:11 PM

A&M opened with a big win last year too. They still need to prove it to me.

Id bet on Auburn, Arkansas, LSU and Miss St over

Sep 9, 2016, 10:13 PM

Bottom 4 in Atlantic

LSU isn't supposed to be a "bottom feeder"

Sep 9, 2016, 10:16 PM

They are arguably in the top 4 in the SEC West. You can't just lump them in there like that. You have to line it up logically.

So replace LSU with Texas a&m or Ole Miss, I'd still bet on

Sep 9, 2016, 10:18 PM

Them vs our bottom feeders

lol***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Why don't we start with what we know?

Sep 9, 2016, 10:28 PM [ in reply to So replace LSU with Texas a&m or Ole Miss, I'd still bet on ]

Clemson and Alabama line up pretty well if last year is any indication. FSU has already beaten Ole Miss.

Then let's line up Louisville vs. LSU. I'd take Louisville by multiple scores.

NC State vs. A&M would be a shootout. A&M has the edge but this is a pretty good match up.

Syracuse vs. Auburn would be interesting. Probably fairly low scoring. Auburn has a good D line but ZERO identity on offense. Syracuse could bust off a few big plays.

BC vs. Arkansas would be ugly. Like 7-3 ugly. The BC defense is nasty and the Arkansas O plays right into their hands.

Wake Forest vs. Mississippi State is a game that makes me depressed to think about.

There is not much of a gap.

You line it up however you like, my hard earned money

Sep 9, 2016, 10:34 PM

would be on the SEC West.

Based on what logic?

Sep 9, 2016, 10:35 PM

I lined it up based on the pecking order in each division. Refute me.

We lost to Bama, struggled with Auburn. FSU struggled with

Sep 9, 2016, 10:48 PM

Ole Miss. Nobody else including Louiseville has beaten a ranked opponent outside the ACC in recent memory. Wake is awful, BC has zero offense, Syracuse is learning a new offense and apparently doesn't have a defense and NC State lost their QB and May fire their coach this year.

You just ignored everything I wrote, huh?***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:49 PM

Okay, just on what we know this year. Bama over us.

Sep 9, 2016, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Why don't we start with what we know? ]

Beat us last year and looked much better first week. FSU over Ole Miss. I too would take Louisville over LSU. A&M would kill State. Auburn would kill Syracuse. Arkansas over BC. MSU over Wake also, IMO.

There's a big gap top to bottom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Okay, just on what we know this year. Bama over us.

Sep 9, 2016, 11:17 PM

I don't buy A&M yet. They have the edge on State, but I don't think it'd be as bad as you think.

Auburn has no offense. I can't see them killing anyone.

Arkansas would win like 7-3.

MSU would win like 3-2.

A&M at least beat a pretty good UCLA team. State hasnt

Sep 10, 2016, 12:06 PM

done anything in years.

Too early to tell "the pecking order"

Sep 9, 2016, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Why don't we start with what we know? ]

You conveniently lined up Louiseville vs LSU and have no bases to place LSU as the third best team in the SEC west after getting beat by Wisconsin, but let's assume you are correct in this game and result. ACC Atlantic 2-1( FSU win, Clemson loss, Louisville win)

BC state would get boat raced by A@m. NC state hasn't played a big boy out of conference since obrien left and he got spanked by Tenn
2-2

Auburn beats That poor Syracuse QB to death. Hell we supposedly had the most dynamic offense in college football and only scored 19.
SEC west 3-ACC Atlantic 2

BC vs Arky....BC did not win a conference game last year
Sec west 4- Atlantic 2

Wake... Seriously.. Miss St missed a field goal and is breaking in a QB after losing DakPrescott. My money is on Miss St.
Sec west 5-2

Best case, ACC Atlantic wins Three

Re: Too early to tell "the pecking order"

Sep 9, 2016, 11:23 PM

It's either LSU or A&M. Take your pick. Louisville beats either one. And if you think Louisville loses to LSU, you are out of your mind.

You are severely underestimating State and overestimating A&M.

Auburn can't move the ball. That's why I said it'd be low scoring.

Arkansas almost lost to La Tech.

Mississippi state lost to South Alabama. I do not care if they were breaking in a QB.

NC State will have their hands full with ECU

Sep 9, 2016, 11:41 PM

they play nothing but cream puffs out of conference. They lose to everyone in the conference except Wake BC Syracuse. They lost their QB from last year. I would not bet your money on NC State to win any out of conference P5 game.

Atlantic is a lot closer than in the past, but It is not better than SEC west.

Re: Too early to tell "the pecking order"

Sep 10, 2016, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Too early to tell "the pecking order" ]

The sec West's bottom four are much better than the acc Atlantic's bottom four.

Auburn- you aren't giving our defense much credit by saying Auburn's offense sucks and cant move the ball. I think our d had a lot to do with that. They will figure it out and be a decent offense with a very good defense. Auburn easily beats any of the bottom four teams.

Texas a&m just beat the #16 UCLA bruins. NC State hasn't beaten a good out of conference team since Tom O'Brian and are breaking in a new qb. A&m would roll in that game and any other bottom four Atlantic division teams.

You can make an argument for Arkansas because they barely beat LA tech, but they are a better team than State, Wake, Cuse and BC. Heck La tech could beat any one of those four teams.

Miss st is a toss up, but they could beat any of the four bottom teams at home or away. Once their qb settles in they will be pretty good.

If Penn State has a pulse this year in foosball...

Sep 9, 2016, 10:17 PM

The Big 10 East could be pretty solid. I'm not totally sold on Michigan State yet. But we shall see.

~JKB

It will be interesting to see how Pitt stacks up against

Sep 9, 2016, 10:21 PM

Them tomorrow

Agreed!

Sep 9, 2016, 10:24 PM

Hopefully Pitt wins. Anybody against PSU is my third favorite team on any given Saturday. Clemson: first. coot opponent: second.

~JKB

As of right now it is.***

Sep 9, 2016, 10:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Top to bottom, SEC West easily. ACC Atlantic maybe 2nd best.

Sep 9, 2016, 10:55 PM

Big Ten East and PAC-12 North are close though.

BC, State, Wake, and Syracuse are the reason it's not close with SEC West.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top to bottom, SEC West easily. ACC Atlantic maybe 2nd best.

Sep 9, 2016, 11:12 PM

Arkansas just about lost to La Tech, Mississippi state lost to South Alabama and Auburn can't figure out what to do with their offense.

And yet they are STILL better than Wake, Cuse, etc.***

Sep 10, 2016, 12:20 PM

SEC West is still better.

Sep 10, 2016, 12:19 PM

Top 3 in the ACC Atlantic could hang with any other top 3, but the bottom is still pretty bad. Using the matchups posted further up.

Bama vs Clemson - They are still at least a little bit better than us until proven otherwise.

FSU vs Ole Miss - FSU

Louisville vs LSU - Probably Louisville, but it's dangerous to read too much into a couple of games. The thing about LSU is that you have to hold your own at the LOS against them. If they win the battle up front they will just run for 300+ yards and it won't matter that their QB play stinks. Louisville looked great against Charlotte and Cuse, but i need to see how they do up front against FSU next week to make any real judgements.

State vs A&M - A&M. Their defense finally looks to be improved - Miles Garrett is legit. They still have quite a bit more talent across the board than the Wolfpack.

Cuse vs Auburn - Auburn pretty easily. We handled Auburn because we dominated them up front with our DL. Cuse wouldn't do that and Auburn would be able to move the ball on the ground. Auburn's DL would also destroy Cuse. They did very, very well against us last weekend.

BC vs Arkansas - Is the game in September? If so BC might have a shot. If not, definitely Arkansas. BC just can't score against anyone.

Wake vs Miss St - Miss St. Yeah they weren't good in their first game without Dak. They will figure it out and at least be a decent team. Wake scored 7 points last week against Tulane...

SECW would be favored in all 4 of those bottom 4 games. Bama would be favored over us, FSU over Ole Miss (obviously), and i honestly don't know how Vegas would handle LSU-UL right now. I'm guessing it would be a tight line.

If i had to guess i would say the ACC Atl might be able to win 2/3 in a top 3 vs top 3 matchup, but i doubt they would win more than 1 in the bottom 4 matchups.

At this point in the season.

Sep 10, 2016, 12:24 PM

I absolutely agree. We may have three of the best teams in the nation.
GO TIGERS !!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic