Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting

Sep 3, 2020, 8:29 AM

every year for the last decade it seems, having its QB battle come down to a Wake Forest Graduate Transfer, and a USC transfer who isn't even medically cleared yet for contact?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

The graduate transfer from Wake...

Sep 3, 2020, 8:41 AM

apparently won't be an option for them.

He has opted out of the upcoming season to focus on the NFL draft.

I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for the leghumpers, but you recruit a kid, offer him a scholarship, he comes-in, wins the starting job, takes most if not all of the snaps with the first team, and two weeks prior to kickoff he decides to opt out of the entire season to focus on the NFL draft. Are you kidding me !?!?!?!

If I'm Kirby Smart, I am livid right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: The graduate transfer from Wake...

Sep 3, 2020, 8:45 AM

For him to leave at this point in the season indicates, to me, he may have a problem with , either the QB coach or with Smart. The whole thing sounds mighty strange, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something definitely smells fishy in Athens...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:15 AM

As of yesterday, the SoCal transfer Daniels had still not been fully cleared for contact. He's still rehabbing an ACL injury he sustained at So Cal last year. What do you want to be that he's miraculously cleared to play now?

If Daniels can't play, UGa's next option is junior quarterback Stetson Bennett who is a former walk-on and has some limited PT as Fromm's back-up.

They also have two freshmen scholarship QB's on the roster (D'Wan Mathis and Carson Beck). Both were Elite 11 finalists, but both were still playing in high school this time last season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The cheerleaders???

Sep 3, 2020, 10:18 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: The graduate transfer from Wake... ]

The rumor going around Athens is he couldn't run the fake punt. So, Kirby cut him loose.

Sep 6, 2020, 1:52 PM

+1 Too good!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2020, 8:53 AM [ in reply to The graduate transfer from Wake... ]

No sympathy here for Kirby Smart. He recruited Newman as a transfer from WF. Coaches who try to patch cracks with transfers deserve what they get if they walk away.

Re: How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting

Sep 3, 2020, 8:48 AM

Probably left because of the slurs.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting

Sep 3, 2020, 8:49 AM

That is the nature of the transfer market. Justin Fields could have been the "next guy you" if he wanted to wait.

They also have a 3* senior and two 4* freshman QBs on the roster. I guess since they were playing the transfer market so much, none of those guys were the solution.

Clemson may have the same issue next year

LOL. Clemson will not have the same issue because

Sep 3, 2020, 9:02 AM

Dabo isn't Kirby Smart and Uiagalelei isn't going anywhere. I agree with whomever said the timing of this looks fishy. Smart has been the beneficiary of a university that recruits itself. He let the best QBs in the state get away in Watson, Lawrence, and Fields. And now a talented transfer on the cusp of his first start at a major program decides to quit right as the season is starting. Smart has cracks in his armor that get bigger all the time. Just like Muschump he'll get a mulligan on this season because of the covid nonsense, but the UGA people have got to be looking at him sideways, at this point.

Re: LOL. Clemson will not have the same issue ~this~***

Sep 3, 2020, 9:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

?

Sep 3, 2020, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting ]

Why might Clemson have the same issue next year?

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

?

Sep 3, 2020, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting ]

Why might Clemson have the same issue next year?

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

You know how we know you know nothing about Clemson?***

Sep 3, 2020, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: How is a team in UGA, who is in the Top 3 in Recruiting ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

didn't Muschamp's kid (a QB) go to UGA?

Sep 3, 2020, 8:54 AM

just sayin'.......

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Kirby Smart confuses the HS QB recruits...

Sep 3, 2020, 9:52 AM

he calls them the "handtheballoffers"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic