Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The blame lies
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,858

The blame lies

Nov 23, 2020, 7:41 AM

Somewhere within the FSU administration with someone who is NOT familiar with the rules and guidelines set by the league regarding players with the virus symptoms. The blame does NOT fall upon the team or players. FSU was NOT afraid to play Clemson. When you make statements like that you are showing your lack of knowledge and hatred for another team and university. Both the players and coaches have said that they were ready and prepared to play Clemson until someone with power on their staff decided it wasn’t safe. That individual who forced the cancellation is the culprit in this “crime”. No one else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The blame lies

Nov 23, 2020, 7:45 AM

Respectfully, I’d like to see Norvell and/or the AD bristle up at the administration publicly if we are to truly believe the decision was made completely independently of the athletic department...

Their silence/passivity is complicity, as is the silence/passivity of the ACC in the matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Nov 23, 2020, 7:50 AM

By all accounts the football program has struggled since Jimbo’s later years to get support from their administration for facilities etc. Do you really think attacking them publicly is the way to get them on your side? A strained relationship there is usually why teams have trouble competing at the top consistently. Don’t look for Norvell to throw any bombs in his first year.

Nov 23, 2020, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: The blame lies ]

I agree with you and I believe we haven’t heard the final report on this.
You will not convince me that the FSU players and coaches were afraid to play the Tigers. This is why you play the game. To have the opportunity to play in a rivalry game with national attention is why you put in the work every week.
It was taken away by someone trying to exercise their power. The obvious culprit to me is the medical “expert” who we do not know. He has remained anonymous thus far. He is the guy you should be after. Not the players and coaches.

Nov 23, 2020, 8:11 AM

I concur. I do not think there was some FSU administration conspiracy to cancel the game. More likely is a medical covid zealot going off the deep end. Medical experts have had some extreme stands on covid in one direction or another. I've identified the likely suspect by doing a search on FSU medical officer. Read the responsibilities and you'll see the most likely individual.
A lot of great points were made: the player had not been symptomatic for days, all protocols had been met, willingness to play the next day, Clemson should not pay the expenses for going back, etc.

Nov 23, 2020, 7:49 AM

I am not familiar with specific medical protocalls of the ACC for this. Seems FSU needs to explain why they didnt play if those were met or why they feel they hadnt been met since Clemson had a different opinion there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 7:56 AM

The problem is you will never get anyone at FSU to take the blame for making the decision. (I am convinced it was the President - following the advice of some of his politically correct advisors - who made the decision.)

You will never get anyone to step up and say, "I made the decision. I take full responsibility. And, here is why I made it."

All you will ever get is some general statement with no name attached to the statement: Our (unnamed) medical staff was not comfortable with playing the game.

Everybody can pass the buck. No one has to take responsibility.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2020, 8:03 AM

No doubt but the person who made the game decision must have also been involved when the protocols were signed off on. As a public institution in Fla it seems they should have to explain that to the taxpayers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please refrain from rational posts on Message Boards.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:00 AM

Emotional rants, conspiracies, bias diatribes, name calling etc. are much more entertaining.

BTW TU.

Swofford IMO is complicit by not stepping in and demanding FSU either play or forfeit with financial reimbursement to Clemson. The agreed upon protocol has to be enforced.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please refrain from rational posts on Message Boards.

Nov 23, 2020, 9:18 AM

Very true. I don’t see how the commissioner can not get involved in this massive “screw up”!

I disagree. Anyone in position to make that decision

Nov 23, 2020, 10:32 AM

did so knowing the rules and guidelines set by the league. Both the President and the AD know the rules, and there's no way this decision was made outside of one or both of those positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

...and they should be financially accountable.***

Nov 23, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I disagree. Anyone in position to make that decision

Nov 23, 2020, 10:52 AM [ in reply to I disagree. Anyone in position to make that decision ]

As I understand it the pre game meeting between the two ADs and the medical counsel for each team in conjunction with the league office was held to try and resolve the issue of a single player testing positive prior to the game. It was reported at the time that the two medical advisers could not come to an agreement that would allow for the game to be played. Obviously the medical expert from Clemson and Drad wanted the game played. If the conference was involved in this meeting they should have made the protocol issues clear to the FSU representatives at that time. It should be easy to say that all the guidelines were met to have the game safely played. Was this done.? Who knows. The league office may be as guilty as FSU for NOT making the rules clearly understood and upheld.

Re: I disagree. Anyone in position to make that decision

Nov 23, 2020, 11:23 AM

It has been stated that the ACC signed off on Clemson playing.

FSU balked at Clemson AND the ACC's decision.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,858
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic