Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence

Jul 30, 2019, 5:55 PM

CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence

Clemson's Trevor Lawrence and Alabama's Tua Tagovailoa head into the 2019 season as the clear Heisman favorites. At least one college football analyst doesn't s Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence

Jul 30, 2019, 6:00 PM

So the bozos who couldnt spot a decent player when DW 4 was here are going to suddenly wake up. I hope so but I'll believe it when I see it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 6:28 PM

Don't they rotate bozos ?
You would expect to have fresh bozos this go around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 30, 2019, 8:27 PM

????????????

Jul 30, 2019, 10:43 PM

= Most media “experts” are idiots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 30, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence ]

I swear that I wouldn't risk betting $1 dollar on TL getting the nod for the Heisman, but I don't care really, not after how insignificant and meaningless they have made winning that award!!! They have made what was suppose to mean a lot for a player, and turned it into a popularity contest!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure every player wants to win it. Just because you’re bitter

Jul 30, 2019, 7:35 PM

that a couple Clemson players weren’t selected doesn’t make it a meaningless or insignificant award.

Re: Pretty sure every player wants to win it. Just because you’re bitter

Jul 30, 2019, 11:14 PM

It's not that "a couple Clemson players weren't selected" it's that they clearly don't care about "the most valuable player in college football". It's just a popularity contest for ESPN at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The most valuable player in CFB is pretty popular,

Jul 31, 2019, 12:23 PM

since he’s the best, which is why he wins the Heisman/popularity contest. If those Clemson players were the clear best they would have been more popular and won.

Jul 30, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: CFB analyst projects 'runaway' Heisman win for Trevor Lawrence ]

Bozos had DW as 3rd and 2nd so it seems like they can identify decent players

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 6:41 PM

“Tom Fornelli went for a back-to-back Heisman bid with Tagovailoa.”

What am I missing here??????

Jul 30, 2019, 6:44 PM

Two years in a row he has predicted Tua would win .....0-1 so far!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 6:48 PM

Ok. Soon to be 0-2 I’d say.

0 for Tua

Jul 31, 2019, 2:01 AM

FIFY

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jul 30, 2019, 7:20 PM

Jalen Hurts, really? Baker and Kyler were and are good players but are we going to keep rewarding an offense that HAS to score 70 points a game to win? No way tua and Trevor can match those stats when they only play half a game and handoff with big leads. I can’t think of a more meaningless award than the heisman but I would like to get one for Clemson so that commentary goes away

Jul 30, 2019, 7:25 PM

Never cared for the hype and media concerning the Heisman, nothing personal John. Just win baby! Go Tigers!!!

ETN might have a little something to say about that.***

Jul 30, 2019, 8:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN might have a little something to say about that.***

Aug 3, 2019, 8:52 PM

I'm sorry to have to say it, but it's the truth, that a RB will never win it when there in a high profile QB in the running. This again proves that the voters or the folks that nominate the guys for the Heisman, they don't have a clue of what a true Heisman player is suppose to do for their team. They don't know that a Heisman player has done everything humanly possible to help his team to win FB games, he has played way above and beyond what his position calls for as a player. Those are the players deserving of the Heisman trophy regardless of what position they are designated to play, and a player that has done that for his team hasn't won the Heisman in a while IMO!!!

he will put up good numbes but i just dont

Jul 30, 2019, 8:52 PM

see the out of this world numbers people are predicting..dabo doesnt keep players in late in games during blow outs.. he will be lucky to see the fourth quarter of most games this season

Re: he will put up good numbes but i just dont

Jul 30, 2019, 9:59 PM

He may not need four quarters to put up huge numbers.

if he's not playing in the 4th quarter it is because

Jul 31, 2019, 3:37 AM [ in reply to he will put up good numbes but i just dont ]

he has scored a ton of points in the first 3 quarters. We need to score more this year because D will give up more this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah but with our running backs

Jul 31, 2019, 2:18 PM

they could play a huge roll in the high score as well..i just glad dabo isnt like petrino at louisville who played his starters till the end..then when they moved on he had nothing

Jul 30, 2019, 10:35 PM

I agree that TL probably won't play any 4th quarters this year. Sabby will keep Tua in so he can pad his numbers I would bet.

I agree that TL probably won't play any 4th quarters this year. Sabby will keep Tua in so he can pad his numbers I would bet.

Jul 31, 2019, 8:53 AM

Not likely as TL will be sitting in the 3rd quarter of most games while Chase does his thang. In truth I could care less about the Heisman, the only Trophy I care about is that ugly one handed to the winner of the last game.

Not to mention but Travis and Lynn-J are gonna be a huge part of the offense too taking away a lot of attempts by TL passing. Sure it would be nice to see TL win it but that is not even remotely close to the goals of this team.

Jul 31, 2019, 12:23 PM

There was a time when a player's character played a role in the award decision. Based on what I've seen in recent years, that's not so much the case anymore. The Heisman committee has cheapened this award. I'd like to see us get the bragging rights, but honestly don't care if they pass us up again. There are things in life that are worth more than the Heisman, just ask DW.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic