Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use

Nov 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use

The open date is good for everyone associated with the Clemson football program, from the coaches to the players to the support staff, a group that has had to deal with the restrictions of COVID while trying to play a college football season that is difficult even under normal circumstances. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use

Nov 11, 2020, 2:55 PM

Constant first down runs up the middle isn't fooling anyone at this point - a few 1st down passes and second down draw plays or screens might improve our production on the ground. How many 2nd and 8's did we have at ND ? And how many does it have to take for us to try something a little different?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 9:00 AM

Glad I’m not the only one noticing that. I understand wanting to stay ahead of the chains but if the box is stacked you might as well ask ETN to run full speed into a brick wall.

Nov 11, 2020, 3:06 PM

Several thoughts here. 1) It is very hard for a team to win all it's games and one of the things needed is to have luck with injuries. Since only a few people on this site remember 1981, just look back at 2018 and 18 and you will see we had few injuries those years. 2) Give Notre Dame some credit for being a good (not great) team. 3) I just fail to see see where Dabo was coming from with the offensive line being so good. Maybe they had potential but replacing experienced starters on the O-line is much harder than on the D-line. 4) Playing a team as bad as Florida State will go a long way in the healing process.

Nov 11, 2020, 3:33 PM

Dabo is always going to talk up the players so his saying the o-line ring the best is partly just making sure to give them confidence. I think they are young and are getting experience as the season goes on. Now the reluctance to let DJ throw the quick short passes like Trevor to loosen up the run game was a little confusing. Could be ND set their defense to stop it or some pre snap reads got them out of it. We really just need to get healthy and see how things play out. WE STILL TOO DEEP!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 3:42 PM

We rarely see the jet sweep anymore. I always liked that play. It can’t be any worse than ETN Up the middle with a D line expecting it. Do our TEs. Block ?
I’d like to see a two back set just to see how a defense would react. You can’t key on ETN If Dixon is on the other side. Can you?

Nov 11, 2020, 6:45 PM

Off-tackle, sweeps, etc exist. Clemson's current run game is remedial - up the middle 80% of the time. Put ETN in space and good things happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use ]

I don't know about the two backs option. It seems we have enough problems trying to block to give up another blocking person for another back.

Nov 11, 2020, 5:52 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use ]

Maybe ND went all out in finding a way to steal our signals while accusing Clemson of stealing signals, and I wouldn't doubt that our coaches have figured that out by now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use ]

Yep- injuries and graduation has caught up with us but we still in this and (for the sake of argument) should have won the game even without a running game. They played a great game and give them credit BUT we OWN Charlotte. Get some folks back and it will be a different story there!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Self Scouting - Lack of developed depth

Nov 11, 2020, 5:03 PM

It seems to me like we've failed to develop quality depth if we have so may freshmen playing so many snaps. Granted, these freshmen are very gifted, but experience could have really helped.

Re: TNET: Self Scouting - Lack of developed depth

Nov 12, 2020, 9:03 AM

I think the biggest thing is when the guys were getting in early in the season the coaches don’t call the same plays. They want to be nice to the other team and try to run out the clock rather then stick with the game plan and call plays as if the game was still close.

Nov 11, 2020, 5:04 PM

It is puzzling to me that we have the best qb in college football and 34% of the passes are behind the line of scrimmage.

Nov 11, 2020, 5:54 PM

Here Here!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2020, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use ]

Tony Elliott will not be mistaken for Joe Brady.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2020, 7:52 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Self Scouting: Tigers have to put open date to good use ]

It definitely makes it easier to take away the running game when we do so little to stretch the field. Passes behind the line of scrimmage are not going to make a defense pay for loading up on the line of scrimmage.

When we had Co-OC's

Nov 11, 2020, 5:10 PM

I wondered sometimes where the off-the-wall plays would come from.

Now that Jeff Scott is gone, I know. Great ideas come from collaboration.

Tony has gotten predictable, safe, with not a whole lot of elegant play design, more cute gadgets, and teams can study film and be ready for 98% of what we'll be trying.

Nov 11, 2020, 5:46 PM

Everyone from the players, coaches, fans, and meda wanted a college FB season. Now that they have it, I think that it's a little too late for complaining about how tough this season is. Suck it up, and spot the ball, it's only 3 more regular season games left. Then they will have the conference championship game, a playoff game, and if lucky enough, after a couple of weeks rest they can play the NCG, then bingo, the off season all over again. Hopefully there will be a fix it treatment for covid-19 before next season!!!

David - please add

Nov 11, 2020, 6:38 PM

Clock management to this list. Dabo is the best HC we have ever had (and I’m a HUGE Danny fan) but his clock Mgt is horrendous. Please, please fix this or hire someone who provides him counsel in this department.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David - please add

Nov 11, 2020, 6:41 PM

I’m not allowed one TU Scott!

Re: David - please add

Nov 11, 2020, 6:43 PM

Only one.

Late at night for me!

It always has been. People mentioned him

Nov 11, 2020, 7:00 PM [ in reply to David - please add ]

for NFL opportunities. He would be fired in the NFL for his management problems alone.

That said, I still love him as our coach ??.

Nov 12, 2020, 9:31 AM

They should set aside time to design new helmet stickers, as well as slogans that can be added to the sidelines and endzones.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic