Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State

Nov 16, 2020, 8:01 AM

Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State

From 1981 to 1988, the Tigers finished first in the conference six times and won a National Championship. The 2020 Tigers are working on their sixth straight ACC Championship and a third National Championship in that span as they head to Tallahassee to battle the Florida State Seminoles this weekend. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State

Nov 16, 2020, 9:02 AM

We should all be grateful for our coaches & success! Crazy how good we have been, always in the hunt for the title is the standard set right now.

I look forward to a great rebound and another National Title this year.

I look forward to clawing the Dawgs up in Charlotte next year too!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

These are the good ol' days

Nov 16, 2020, 12:39 PM

Soak it in. I don't know how many more times we're going to be 30+ point favorites in Tallahassee.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State

Nov 16, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Roles Reversed: Clemson working on run reminiscent of 1990s Florida State ]

Yes, they are. Runs of success are few and far between. What FSU did - 14 straight years of top 5 finish - may never be duplicated. Folks thought Bama was going to do it, but last year their string was broken. I'm not sure how long Clemson's stretch is now, but I am sure it is the longest current streak in the country.

Fans should enjoy it and embrace it and not take it for granted. (FSU fans - many, not all - got spoiled and could not enjoy a one loss season.) Possibly the best fan base in the country when it came to enjoying and appreciating long term success was Nebraska back in the 80s and 90s.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And of ALL that, I think the craziest semihole stat is

Nov 16, 2020, 9:36 AM

finishing in the top 3 or the top 5 in the country for something like 15 straight years ? ?

Even in '89 - the year after the punkrooski - Southern Miss beat them & then we beat them & then they ran the table and ended up in the top 3 anyway . . . .

Who's got the specifics on this unbelievable stat that I would LOVE for us to match or beat . . . .

at Ryan Kantor - - - he doesn't have a TNet screen name ? ? ? C'Mon RK - pony up !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: And of ALL that, I think the craziest semihole stat is

Nov 16, 2020, 1:27 PM

I answered that in the post above. (Sorry, I didn't see your post when I sent mine.)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

14 years in a row finishing in the Top 5 is insane.***

Nov 16, 2020, 5:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The differences that separate Dabo from Tommy are many

Nov 16, 2020, 11:06 AM

But in my opinion, maybe the biggest difference is the recognition of the importance of surrounding yourself with the best coaches available, and the ability to find and hire such.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And parting ways with a coach that isn't cutting it.***

Nov 16, 2020, 1:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The thing that made Florida State so unstoppable in the ACC

Nov 16, 2020, 11:15 AM

back then was their team speed. We literally looked like we were dragging an anchor anytime we tried to matchup with those guys back then. But, we have learned, and now the foot is on the other shoe. :)

Can’t help but be grateful for Clemson’s success

Nov 16, 2020, 1:20 PM

And then read “future Hall of Fame Coach Dabo Swinney.” We struck gold with this legend!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic