Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will usc have
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will usc have

Jul 5, 2018, 4:05 PM

Will Muschamp as Head Coach (and AD)?

Really serious about this informal out-of-the garnet question since I feel WM will only be at Carolina 5 or less years, from today.

What guesses you?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on how long the SEC east remains garbage

Jul 5, 2018, 4:15 PM

I’d give him 5-6 years if Tenn, Florida, and Kentucky continue to struggle.

If said teams get their acts straight this year and stomp them, Chumps out in 3 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will

Jul 5, 2018, 4:40 PM

I see this playing out 2 ways:

1) SCar fails to live up to high expectations this season (7-5), even with weak schedule, and Muschamp starts his decline. Then they play Bama, Clemson, A&M, and UGA in a single season and continue the decline to 6-6. The following year recruiting suffers and they swap Bama for LSU leading to a losing season and Muschamp's demise.

2) SCar has another 9-3 type season based on the weak schedule and starts next year expecting to make the playoffs. Then they play Bama, Clemson, A&M, and UGA in a single season and start the decline to 6-6. The following year recruiting suffers and they swap Bama for LSU leading to a losing season and Muschamp's demise.

Either way Muschamp is about to run out of smooth sailing on the schedule and due to unrealistic expectations will struggle to stay at SCar.

null

Re: So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will

Jul 5, 2018, 4:50 PM

6-6 in a season where they play bama UGA Clemson and A&M isn't too bad by their standards.

Jul 5, 2018, 6:18 PM

I just looked at their 2019 schedule. Road games at UT, UGA, TAMU and Mizzou! I see three losses. Start with UNCheat in Charlotte. I see this as a toss-up. Home losses to BAMA, Clemson and UF. Six and six at best is how I see matters. If Usuck loses all four road SEC games he is definitely on the hot seat.

2018 is a make or break campaign for he and his staff. It is loaded with toss-up contests! Usuck should beat the three non-SEC foes, but Marshall is a senior laden team. I see losses to UGA, Clemson, UF, TAMU and perhaps UK or Ole Miss on the road. A poor year hampers recruiting and USuck really lacks quality depth. That above all else is going to hurt starting in 2019.

Muscrap has to beat Clemson at WBS next season to preserve any chance of long term survival if he disappoints this year which is entirely possible. UF and UT aren’t going to be down much longer and Muscrap knows he has to win now or face a slow, but steady decline. Once TAMU and Arkansas rebound his task just got much harder as well. I give him three years at most to keep his job long-term.

Go Tigers!

Jul 5, 2018, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will ]

They weren't just winning due to the inarguably soft schedule they played last year ( UGA and Clemson were the only teams they faced with balance ) , they also benefited humongously from blind luck and circumstantial football . They were outplayed and overmatched against NCST and won , and they should've lost to Missouri as well . Don't even get me started on the LaTech game ... that was as good of an example of Coot football as any will ever see . They booted a last second FG on their own field against a bad mid major program that never should have been in the game .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Having Dabo for life doesn't necessarily mean he's going

Jul 5, 2018, 5:51 PM

to be here physically I'm afraid. But I do agree he's a lifetime and faithful Tiger in all regards.

I'm thinking this will be his last head coaching gig, but I just can't help but feel that at some point, sooner over later, he will leave the game at a healthy age and devote his time to reaching millions with his message, guidance, and story. Maybe they work well enough together, but Dabo is one righteous dude and if he feels that he can affect more positive change in more people as effectively as he does in this role then I couldn't say he wouldn't go for it. It's not like he will ever be hurting for money.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will usc have

Jul 5, 2018, 6:19 PM

Not long enough Bill ... not long enough .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: So, Clemson probably has DaBO 4 Life (being AD after Coaching) ..how long will usc have

Jul 5, 2018, 7:38 PM

I don't see Muschamp staying at SC long either if he fails or succeeds there..If he fails, SC will fire him....If he succeeds, he'll move on to a better school as soon as a spot becomes available. SC simply is not a destination program..It's a place to go to build or rebuild a resume. For longterm success, I think SC would do better to hire a former player or Alum that has some connection to school that would make them want to stay there for 15-20 years.

Jul 5, 2018, 8:29 PM

I have another prospective, keep him there long term. He can’t coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2018, 9:16 PM

He's a decent defensive coach, but doesn't seem to have a clue about modern offenses. He seems to think he can build a program in the mold of the big name SEC schools like Bama and LSU..That's the wrong approach at a school like SC...Programs built on defense like Bama win because of the depth they have from recruiting at an elite level every single year...Sure, SC can get a few 4 stars or even a 5 star every once in a while, but they will never get them like Bama,LSU, UGA and UF can..SC needs an offensive minded HC...and they need to run a Big 12 spread type offense where it only takes 4-5 really good players to win. I guess what I'm saying is you can't out Bama Bama and that's what Muschamp seems to want to do.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic