Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Seeing reports that Tua has a dislocated hip with a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Seeing reports that Tua has a dislocated hip with a

Nov 16, 2019, 5:15 PM

posterior wall fracture. Done for the season. Hate it for the guy. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seeing reports that Tua has a dislocated hip with a

Nov 16, 2019, 5:26 PM

That’s career ending, and not just college. It’s terrible

Nov 16, 2019, 5:29 PM

Not sure it's career ending depending on severity but he certainly has extensive rehabilitation in front of him at the very least.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Seeing reports that Tua has a dislocated hip with a ]

It’s 100% not career ending. There is a long, intense rehabilitation process, and that’s on preliminary info. We will know more by Monday or Tuesday.
Having said all this, Tua should never even played against Mississippi St.
But let’s wait until we have all the facts and chill with all the conjecture.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:02 PM

Thought it was dependent on bone and cartilage necrosis. Don’t think you wanna play with a hip replacement.

Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was

Nov 16, 2019, 5:39 PM

never the same.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was

Nov 16, 2019, 5:41 PM

and he was Bo Jackson

Hope Tua’s okay

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Nov 16, 2019, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

That was also a long time ago. I'm sure treatment for this type of injury has advanced since then.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:53 PM

No, the problem with Bo Jackson’s injury is that the diagnosis is difficult until the damage is done. The artery must be repaired within hours to save the hip.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 5:58 PM

Well hopefully Tua avoided any damage to his artery. I wanna see the guy play in NFL.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

Bo Jackson Came back to play baseball... and not at a high level. I’m not sure how much surgery has improved for this type of injury. The main issue is the lack of blood flow to that area of the body. No Jackson’s hip bone actually died from lack of blood flow.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:51 PM [ in reply to Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

Bo Jackson had avascular necrosis of the hip due an injured artery that supplies blood to the superior hip joint. Part of the joint “dies”. A different injury.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

Bo's injury had significant complications, possibly due to medical mistakes. There was undetected vascular damage. His joint lost blood supply and went necrotic so it had to be replaced. That is an unlikely outcome for Tua. He can recover from this, but he is done for this season.

Nov 16, 2019, 5:59 PM

It’s a ###### difficult diagnosis to make in your 2 hour window to fix. I am not sure I’d call that a “medical error”.

Nov 16, 2019, 6:11 PM

Any orthopedic surgeon would expect to be sued if it happened today. Pro football player hip dislocations are not reduced by ER docs, even in the 90's.

It was a result of the dislocated hip. I dislocated my hip waterskiing

Nov 16, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

when I was 21. Part of the information the doctor gave me during treatment was the possibility blood flow to the hip may never be normal after the dislocation. Fortunately I’ve never had a problem but I also have not played tackle football since before the injury.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bow had a dissected blood vessel. Initial mri was negative

Nov 16, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Bo Jackson came back from a dislocated hip but he was ]

They didn’t find anything wrong until the bone had necrosed and it was too late to do anything to save his hip

Nov 16, 2019, 5:55 PM

Usually an injury you see with motor vehicle accidents. Long rehab to strengthen the musculature to prevent another dislocation.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic