»
Topic: RIP Coach Shula
Replies: 4   Last Post: May 4, 2020, 8:42 PM by: Valley Boy
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

RIP Coach Shula

[2]
Posted: May 4, 2020, 7:02 PM

Don Shula was a great coach and his teams were the best. Thanks for the memories.

link

Re: RIP Coach Shula

[1]
Posted: May 4, 2020, 7:23 PM

We had the pleasure of meeting Coach Shula when he was coaching the Dolphins. Such a nice man. He spoke at a fund raiser for our local Boys and Girls Club, and we visited with him afterwards.

We asked if we could get a picture of him with our young sons. He said, "Come here boys," and pulled the two of them up on his lap. We still have that photo from the early 1980s.

My wife asked about his Super Bowl ring. His answer was, "Do you want to see it?" Before she could answer, he pulled off the ring and handed it to her. That was the ring from the 17-0 season with the circle of 16 diamonds and the big one in the middle.

Fond memory of that great coach and great man.

link

Posted: May 4, 2020, 8:10 PM

I’ve been a Dolphin fan since I was 3 years old(much more so from 3-30 than now) and I always loved and respected Don Shula because he was a great coach, great gentleman and a class act. Loved the way he carried himself and treated others. Also, had incredible Steaks at his steak house.

He will be missed, Rest in Peace Coach!

2021 white level member link

“Let’s make the others want to be like us” Dabo Swinney!!

The best is yet to come!! I’m so grateful for Clemson Football going into the 2020’s

[1]
Posted: May 4, 2020, 8:34 PM

I became a Dolphins fan their very first year of play. Coach Shula was such a great leader of those early teams. The Dolphins have not been successful since he left as head coach. Rest in Peace sir. When you look down how about a little help, they can use some divine intervention.

link

[1]
Posted: May 4, 2020, 8:42 PM

That was real football back in those days. Run behind the big linemen, throws by great qb's and shut down defenses with people like Nick Buoniconti. Those were the days.

link

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
698 people have read this post