Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about game day protocol at Death Valley...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,799

Question about game day protocol at Death Valley...

Aug 31, 2020, 10:56 AM

will Tiger Band horn players be allowed to open their spit valves during the game? This seems like a high COVID risk.

Sirius replies only.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This is probably one of the best, most relevant Football

Aug 31, 2020, 11:00 AM

questions on the bored in a long time.

Can't wait to see the 15 different political rabbit trails THIS goes down.

To answer the awesome question posed - and I'll answer it with a question. Are we committed to doing everything possible to play a "complete" season of football ?

If so - Tiger Band horn players are going to have to learn to play with no spit. We are all making sacrifices - like willingly wearing masks all the time.

And until they learn to play with no spit, I would say they can't open the valves at all until after the game - where each member will do it in the privacy of their own home - with a mask on.

So the 3rd & 4th quarter is liable to sound like a Listerine commercial for the first few games.

Good question. Next ? ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Also, with all of the saliva dripping on the hill, wouldn't

Aug 31, 2020, 11:02 AM

that create a slipping hazard?

#keepspitvalvesclosed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. You all have my assurance

Aug 31, 2020, 12:10 PM

Signed,

MyfavOrange

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That doesn't even look like my

Aug 31, 2020, 12:24 PM

typing!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they wearing masks while playing?

Aug 31, 2020, 11:00 AM

I imagine the sound may be muted. But, since we are pumping in white noise, we may be OK.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Question about game day protocol at Death Valley...

Aug 31, 2020, 11:05 AM

Band Director Dr. Mark Spede has said that they will have
either personal drip cups or absorption rags to gather the
moisture.

tigercee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you. Are "absorption rags" anything like

Aug 31, 2020, 11:09 AM

maxi pads?

If so, will they be able to hold up for all four periods?

I laughed way too loudly when I read this!!

Aug 31, 2020, 11:13 AM

I believe you asked the question solely so you could make this reply.

:D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Groce and no. They are more like used socks. Some people shop

Aug 31, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Thank you. Are "absorption rags" anything like ]

Use socks from the kids section for the smaller horns but the tuba players may need a larger sock.

MOST tuba players need HUGE "socks".***

Aug 31, 2020, 12:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

yes cuz college students

Aug 31, 2020, 11:11 AM

they give zero #####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

My understanding is that all of the horn players

Aug 31, 2020, 11:38 AM

will be required to insert these before entering the stadium.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where ? Asking for Francis Marion.***

Aug 31, 2020, 11:40 AM

Is this real? I sure hope so.

Aug 31, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to My understanding is that all of the horn players ]

And I’m talking about the “Made in USA” part in case you are asking.

speaking of spit valves...

Aug 31, 2020, 11:54 AM

i sure do miss co94

signed,
gwpcoot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,799
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic