Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question For The Folks Who Can/Have Rewatched
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Question For The Folks Who Can/Have Rewatched

Nov 2, 2020, 12:37 PM

the game. Early on Clemson was called for chop block. To me it looked like Clemson's right Guard/Tackle never hit or engaged low. Anyone have video of it or get a better look?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question For The Folks Who Can/Have Rewatched

Nov 2, 2020, 12:41 PM

I'm not sure how the actual rule is written but our guy never attempted to engage their DL.

Their DL did however attempt to engage our OL. I believe his outstretched hand was on our OL's arm/shouldpad.

If their guy initiating contact with our guy not looking counts as being engaged, then the play was called correctly.

If it's up to the offensive player to engage the DL for the cut block to be illegal then it was called incorrectly on the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 12:47 PM

Exactly.

As I remember the replay, we had one OL that did go low. Our other OL was moving away from the DL that was supposedly chop blocked.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 1:23 PM

Center had his arm pinned undr his arm when the guard went low. So I guess that would count as being engaged when another guy went low according to the rule

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic