Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People hating on the ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,962

People hating on the ACC

Nov 10, 2019, 3:19 PM

My projected finishes for some notable ACC teams.
Wake - 9-3
Louisville - 8-4

UVA - 9-3 or 8-4 (play VT)
VT - 7-5 to 9-3 (play VT & Pitt)
Pitt - Guessing 8-4 w/ games against UNC, VT & BC.
Miami - 8-4

I could see 1-2 other teams with 10 wins and another 2-3 with 9 wins.

There is a lot of parody amongst the league, and what's hurting us the most is the following:

1) SEC teams start the season ranked high (based off nothing) and it keeps others propped up.

2) Our Blue bloods (FSU, Miami and VT) should be winning 10 games, 9 games in "rebuilding years". When it's Wake, Duke or UVA that's knocking on 10 wins, they're never going to be given as much credit as a a blue blood. Watch, Florida with lose 5 games in a season and still finished the season ranked.

3) Syracuse crapped the bed and should have never been ranked, but their losses to Maryland early (along, w/ Miami's loss to Florida & FSU's meltdown vs Boise St and near miss vs ULM) created the belief the ACC is WAY down and just terrible.

The reality is, we have 6-7 of team that all between a 20-30th ranked team, with nobody (besides us) ranked in the top 15 b/c of the parody.

All we can hope for is the majority of ACC teams win their Bowl games, especially those against SEC or Big 10.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People hating on the ACC

Nov 10, 2019, 3:22 PM

You think the ACC has 6-7 teams that should be ranked between 20-30?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:36 PM

Put Wake around 20th. That's about what they are. Very few would disagree with that.

Then, throw a blanket over UVA, VT & Pitt & Miami. All the same. They're all around 25-30th ranked type team.

That's 5.

Louisville could very well win out their season with what's in front of them, and that would put them at 8-4 (w/ wins over UVA, Wake and Kentucky). They also would be worthy of a 25-30th type of ranking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:54 PM

But, what has Wake done to deserve to be 20th? They've played only 2 teams this season that currently have a winning record and they lost both of those games. They gave up 62 points in one of them, and lost the other game by 19 points. That's in addition to having a 3 point win over Utah State, a 2 point win over FSU, and a 3 point win over BC.

What has Miami done? They're 6-4 with a 5 point win over Central Michigan, a loss to 4-5 UNC, and a loss to 2-7 GT.

VT? Was it their 7 point win over Furman, the 14 point win over Old Dominion, the 17 point win over Rhode Island, or the 35 point loss to Duke?

I would almost agree with UVA, but really, what have they done either? Yes they're 7-3, but their OOC wins are William & Mary, and an 11 point win over Old Dominion. Pitt is the only team they've beaten that has a winning record. That puts their record at 1-3 this season against teams with a winning record.

Okay,

Nov 10, 2019, 4:00 PM

Were would you rank the following?

Wake
UVA
VT
Pitt
Miami
Louisville.

Re: Okay,

Nov 10, 2019, 4:01 PM

Sorry, you must have meant parity.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes,

Nov 10, 2019, 4:08 PM

that too...

Nov 10, 2019, 3:23 PM

Great, insightful post. All of your points are spot on. If I would do some research instead of believing the media, I’d see the truth that the ACC isn’t as bad as they would like me to believe.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:32 PM

How about this research? Since the start of last year the ACC outside of Clemson is 6-27 against other P5 teams with games against ND included. I'm sorry, but there's just absolutely no way at all to spin that in a positive favor. People can keep acting as if the ACC is just being picked on for no reason at all, but that type of performance is the reason for the current narrative. Heck, that record would be 4-27 if it wasn't for South Carolina.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:24 PM

Sad but true, and oh so predictable. And those bowl wins won’t change the narrative because the other teams will be excused for not wanting to be there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Nov 10, 2019, 3:42 PM

People keep bringing up the point of the SEC teams starting the season ranked as if only the ACC had 6 teams start in the top 25 this year like they did that the ACC would still have that many teams in the top 25.

So which ACC teams would magically be ranked currently had this been the case, and which of the ranked SEC teams would no longer be up there?

Are you saying that somehow LSU, Bama, Georgia, Florida, and Auburn would not be ranked had they not started the season in the top 25?

Nov 10, 2019, 4:19 PM

The ACC is bad, no question about that. It is Clemson and then well- CLEMSON!.
It would just be nice if all teams followed the same guidelines-

I do feel that the SEC is coveted with the impression that they are better than most- when in reality it has been Alabama and then a smudge of other good teams through out the years.

LSu based on the games that they won this year more than likely should be a #1 team. still a suspect defense.

Alabama- has played nobody, struggled with Tennessee for three quarts- again suspect defense- which really showed the other day. No where near the beating they took from Clemson in the NC game, but according to the pundits it was a beat down for LSU.

Georgia- they lost to a South Carolina- no less at home- now Carolina is what 4-6. Yet Georgia gets a break for a "good loss" They had problems with offense against Vanderbilt- had to kick four FG's. they move up the polls.

Auburn- pretty stout defense- but can't get the offense running smoothly- I would say maybe the second best team at this point in the SEC.
I am just wondering - what makes the SEC so great other than propped up rating?

Nov 10, 2019, 3:58 PM

I'm not seeing the parody of which you speak.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 4:07 PM

Just within the coastal:

GT > Miami > UVA > Pitt > Duke > VT > UNC > GT

By Law of Transitive wins, every team in the coastal is capable of both beating itself, and, losing to itself.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:21 PM

Oh, and that was all completed after just 7 weeks.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:21 PM

The ACC is pathetic. Clemson is the only good team in the league. Lets just embrace who we are. The ACC is joke. Clemson is elite.

The last Two Years Ye Ole ACC: Most Bowl teams

Nov 10, 2019, 4:29 PM

The narrative is so strong b/c so many of your analyst are former Big 10 flunkies or former SEC flunkies.
Of course, they will paint a negative picture of: Pac 12, Big 12 and the ACC.

There is a Clemson poster who loves to post the ACC P5 record; while he does he isn't breaking down the fact it's not always middle of those conferences versus the middle of the ACC. It's often the top of those conferences versus the mid to bottom teams.
The ACC as a whole is "possibly not as good as some" but it hasn't been proven beyond a doubt to me that say: Pittsburgh isn't as good as: Oregon State, Ole Miss, Maryland, Iowa State.
That's all speculation b/c guess what - during bowl season when you have teams that have winning records - the ACC is finishing with a winning record.
9-3 in fact and winner of the bowl cup challenge in 2016. Not the SEC, Not the Big 10 but "The ACC"!

***you will never be able to prove it to some people who get their daily dose of brainwashing from watching college football live. If you take a step back maybe you can see the propaganda; but if you're all in it - you can't. They literally only talk about the same few teams and the same few narratives every show!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last Two Years Ye Ole ACC: Most Bowl teams

Nov 10, 2019, 4:36 PM

The Pac 12 at one point this season had the most ranked teams. Yet the last two bowl seasons when you can't pad stats or play mid to low level OOC games - they have finished last in the bowl cup challenge! They get some heat; but nothing like the ACC. And that's wrong!
What suggest - they shouldn't get the "pathetic" conference label?
What about the Big "no defense" 12? Who besides Texas are we saying is so great? Texas who should have had their 4th loss yesterday? Please.
Not giving the Big 10 a pass either! This year with two undefeated teams - they are either really pathetic or really good. But, besides Ohio State no team from that conference has come close to a championship since 1997 - 1998(Michigan). Are they forgiven for that? During that span 4 current ACC teams have played for or won the National Championship. A couple have won multiple since that time. Clemson and FSU.

So, give it a break! I'm not saying the middle of the ACC could just roll up to Alabama and compete. But, top to bottom as the OP said, there will be a bunch of teams between 25 - 37. Not either real high or real low! Parody!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 4:37 PM [ in reply to The last Two Years Ye Ole ACC: Most Bowl teams ]

So the other ACC teams are 6-27 against other P5 teams and ND since last year simply because our middle teams are playing against other top teams?

Nov 10, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to The last Two Years Ye Ole ACC: Most Bowl teams ]

Also, who said Pitt wasn’t as good as Ole Miss, Oregon State, or Maryland? I don’t think anyone has claimed those teams are good at all. Pitt on the other hand played in the ACC Championship last year and is still alive in the Coastal race this year.

I'm a hater, but I agree with one of the statements by the OP

Nov 10, 2019, 4:33 PM

"There is a lot of parody amongst the league"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Football has parity & parody (for humorous effect yes)

Nov 10, 2019, 4:44 PM

ACC Football also has a complete lack of talent outside of Clemson and a small handful of individuals scattered on a few teams.

ACC Football is SEC Basketball -- Kentucky and everyone else.

The balance of ACC schools uses Clemson-earned funds through equal conference revenue distribution for lazy boy chairs, steak dinners, rental jets, facilities, salaries and basketball. ACC Football is indeed a joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,962
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic