Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated

Nov 14, 2015, 7:09 PM

Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated

Clemson’s trip to Syracuse wasn’t enjoyable in many respects, but the Tigers came away with the win. Deshaun Watson accounted for 461 total yards of offense, but the Tigers let an early 14-0 lead slip away and had to hold on to beat stubborn Syracuse 37-27 Saturday in the Carrier Dome, likely damaging their chances at keeping the nation’s number one ranking. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated

Nov 14, 2015, 7:15 PM

what the heck was that today? Squeaking by a team we were favored over by 30 point. Maybe it's just me, but we seemed FLAT! The D looked like they played one or two downs, then took 1 or 2 off. I sure hope some focus returns before next week because it was "U"gly!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2015, 7:25 PM

No kidding! I'm hoarse with a pounding headache from screaming at the tv. Boulware continues to be a liability in coverage. Almost embarrassing from an effort standpoint. If we play like this against UNC, we could lose! Dabo, and Venables will straighten them out. I hope!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2015, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated ]

Syracuse was pumped up at home in a loud dome and certainly gave us a battle but I am thrilled with the W and could care less if we drop a spot or two cause if we lose our playoff chances are toast!
Way to prevail guys in a hostile environment!

Nov 14, 2015, 7:40 PM

I agree...Watson had a touchdown if he had not lost temporary control of the ball...still glad we came out with the win. Our defense seemed like they had not seen Syracuse in this formation before. A new quarterback and the option may have thrown their timing off. So glad we got the win...I still believe in the Tigers...we knew everyone is going to play us tough. Miami got throttled by NC today. We cannot afford to look past Wake Forest. Come on defense, offense lets focus on WF this week. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!! So proud of the win and know you guys are still the Team I believe in.

We believe and we know you guys can get it done. BE the team with believing and Executing...Go Tigers!!!!!!!

Nov 14, 2015, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated ]

Thanks ash 4 trek for your great response. My sentiments exactly. No "Clemsoning" today! Deshaun Watson never lost his composure. I could not be more proud of the Tigers. Go Clemson!

Re: New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated***

Nov 14, 2015, 7:17 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated***

Nov 14, 2015, 7:17 PM

I'm not sure what that was

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2015, 7:18 PM

Nice win, proud of the Tigers. Would still love to see some sign of improvement in our return game. My advise would be to down it if it comes into the end zone.

Nov 14, 2015, 7:49 PM

Or try actually blocking somebody Davidson whiffed on his blocking assignments

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse had more WANT than we did.

Nov 14, 2015, 7:22 PM

We got whipped up front both lines of scrimmage. Syracuse played hungry. We played flat. Like we expected Cuse to lay down. We can't sleep walk anymore. Especially against the chickens. They are playing better football despite the record. I hope Gallman, and Alexander are ok. We can't afford to lose anyone. Including Hyatt. Fruhmorgen played well in his stead, though. A win is a win is a win though. Let's finish this boys! Play with fire in your hearts. Leave it all on the field! Go Tigers!!!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2015, 7:22 PM

Worst effort I've seen all year! Wow !! You beat a team you should have blown out! A fifth string QB did that! Wake up!!!!,

Re: Tigers outlast Syracuse 37-27 to remain undefeated

Nov 14, 2015, 7:32 PM

You are correct, and when is Coach Venables going to wake up and coach up Ben Boulware? Boulware consistently misses his assignments and overruns his gaps. Just about every long run from scrimmage this year has been caused by his mistakes. His job is to pay attention to his assignment, not run around like a mad man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC and NC are going to be challenges***

Nov 14, 2015, 7:25 PM

Re: SC and NC are going to be challenges***

Nov 14, 2015, 7:36 PM

Every team will be a challenge-dont be surprised if Wake gives us a game next week especially with injured players

Nov 14, 2015, 7:40 PM

I'm glad everyone feels the way I feel about this win today, that wasn't a complete game

Nov 14, 2015, 7:43 PM

How do you put a back up in after two series??? You pissed them off and gave them momentum! Dumbest play I've seen! " pride before a fall!" Remember that! Play the ####! Game!

Nov 14, 2015, 8:14 PM

Defense did not look the least bit prepared today. We should know how to defend the option by now after playing wofford and ga tech already this year. We stopped those teams with no problem but, we looked like we have never seen that kind of offense before. Glad we won today but, you can't expect to just show up on the field and you win the game. Way too many mistakes.... Looked very shaky against NC state and did not look good the first half of last week and then todays game. Watson accounts for 461 total yards and we only win by 10? Need to get everyone on both sides of the ball playing on the same page and playing with intensity there are still several big games to play!

No more lipstick on a pig games!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic