Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mullen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Mullen

Dec 14, 2020, 2:30 PM

Coach Mullen is getting hammered for saying it is best this year not to play games. He is correct.
For example, if Clemson, ND, and Alabama do not play on Saturday - they are in. Maybe they are in anyway, but 100% if they do not play.
These are not Florida State/Michigan type programs. They will play anytime, anywhere.

A 6-0 OHS with a weak schedule should not be considered. On that vein why not a 6-0 USC (the real one)?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Wait...what !?!?!?!

Dec 14, 2020, 2:44 PM

If Clemson, Notre Dame, and Bama don't play, the final CFP poll will likely be:

1 - Bama
2 - Notre Dame
3 - Clemson
4 - Ohio State

Florida's loss to LSWho on Saturday took them completely out of the CFP discussion.

If OcryO State gets left out due to a lack of games played, Texas A&M would be the beneficiary.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Mullen

Dec 14, 2020, 2:55 PM

I agree that Ohio State hasn't done enough this season to justify their ranking, and there's especially nothing to suggest they're deserving to be in the top 4 while USC isn't even in the top 10. I actually have less of a problem with 6 games, and more of a problem with the quality of those 6 games. If the 6 games involved beating 3 top 10 teams for instance then I could see an argument in favor of them. No offense to Indiana and Northwestern though, but those two teams being ranked where they are speaks more to me about the quality of the B10 as a whole, and less about how great either of those teams are.

On the other hand though, I don't think Mullen has a lot of room to talk. Yes, they played 10 games, and yes they obviously would still be sitting on 1 loss had the game with LSU not been played. Regardless though, they've lost 2 games this season.

It may not be fair that Ohio State is able to play only 6 games and likely get in, but I have a hard time feeling sorry for an 8-2 team in comparison. I'd honestly feel the same about Clemson if we were to lose to ND this Saturday. If you're truly deserving of being in the CFP then you find a way not to lose 2 games, and you especially find a way not to lose to a 3-5 team that had lost two games this season by 35+ points.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mullen

Dec 14, 2020, 3:32 PM

I am new here, yall don't yet know me. I am not a fan of Mullen, Florida, or any team we recruit against.
I believe TAM should be in over Florida even if they had beaten LSU (also not a fan of TAM).

Whether or not a team has 1 loss or more than 1 is not the deciding factor for me.

The committee uses the "eye test". Right now one could say Georgia lost only to 2 top 5 colleges and has righted the ship with the new QB. That is in fact true. They also are top level as to talent on paper (eye test). I don't think they deserve a "nod" as the entire season should decide, not just what the eye test thinks today. No way OHS/USC should be in.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the tug abides

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic