Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just rewatched the game...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Just rewatched the game...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:26 PM

You’re about to call me crazy, but I just rewatched the game, and we either win 13-10 or lose 10-9 if the first interception doesn’t fall right into the DT’s hands. That would have just been an incompletion and 3 and 1. We picked up every 3rd and short that game, so I think we get the first down. We would be in FG range so we either score a TD or FG. I think that’s the last either team would score the way the defenses were playing.

The score looked worse than it actually was. They killed the field position game early, and we survived 10-3. Then we were actually getting into a groove offensively when that 1st int happened. Our D made a few stops to get it to 4th and 1, and Harris makes a great play to jump over the line after we blew their line up to pick up the first down, and they eventually score. Then we all know what happened on our next play. After that, out O was forced to be predictable and throw.

Dabo is right about championship football being about a few plays. They made 3 more than us. The 2 ints and Harris’s 4th and 1 conversion. We had dropped passes, and couldn’t get the 4th and 1 stop. I think we play again we could win.

I’m proud of this team and think we are right back next year. Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just rewatched the game...

Jan 4, 2018, 11:34 PM

Agreed.

Team had a great season, but a horrible game. We had the

Jan 5, 2018, 7:27 AM

ball on the 20 after a turnover and settle for a fg. nothing going right on us for offense, no reason to think a couple plays would have changed the game. Really do not understand how we could not move the ball at all. As the coaches said, there is blame to go around to the whole offense. They just were not prepared, and did not execute the few opportunities that we had to stay in the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just rewatched the game...

Jan 5, 2018, 8:14 AM

I agree with you.

1) First play post fumble in 2nd half, should have been a throw to Caine in the endzone. Nothing better than getting a TD right after a turn over. That was on the OCs. But am ok with the FG. 10-6.
2) 1st interception was a complete fluke (and that was a horse collar tackle). We had the groove and would have scored a TD there. 13-10.
3) 2nd interception wouldn't have happened. Still 10-3

That being said, i think Bama would still win. 17-16. They went really conservative in the 4th quarter on offense and we would have gotten another FG. But it wouldn't be enough. They were just hungrier than we were.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic