Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Reports: ACC 'trying to move forward' with season, presidents meet Wed.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

TNET: Reports: ACC 'trying to move forward' with season, presidents meet Wed.

Aug 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

Reports: ACC 'trying to move forward' with season, presidents meet Wed.

It's been a long week over the last couple days when it comes to the fate of the 2020 college football season. As it pertains to Clemson, CBS Sports first repor Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just on general principles, I do not believe the ACC should

Aug 11, 2020, 10:06 AM

make ANY decision based off what the PAC12 does. That whole conference is run by the same liberal 'tards that are trying to run the whole country into the ground.

College football is more of a Southern tradition anyway. Let our schools in the South be the ones who save it this year. If we don't, then all that a$$ kissing the ACC did to Notre Dame was for nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe 10-15 yrs ago, that distinction

Aug 11, 2020, 10:12 AM

would have held up. But the lefties rule everywhere now, not just out on the west coast. We've met the enemy, and they are us.

Re: Just on general principles, I do not believe the ACC should

Aug 11, 2020, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Just on general principles, I do not believe the ACC should ]

The Big 10 offices are essentially in Chicago - just outside the war zone - Not surprised their leadership wants to shut it down.

This could be a huge success story for the SEC and ACC

Play ball and live your lives everyone!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just on general principles, I do not believe the ACC should

Aug 11, 2020, 4:05 PM

Spot the dang ball and let’s play. What a great opportunity for the ACC to showcase the league nationally! We could still have the CFP and Heisman!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, this means almost nothing . . .

Aug 11, 2020, 10:18 AM

. . . This is just more indecision / kicking the can down the road. They're going to postpone football until late September, or more likely the spring - and still not make either a definitive decision to cancel or a definitive commitment to chose a some sort of covid protocol and go forward with the season. The indecision from March until now has culminated in justified criticism that they're keeping everybody in limbo- and the players might be training and preparing for nothing only to be left in the lurch at the last second. That won't change one bit if they simply delay again.

Re: Wow, this means almost nothing . . .

Aug 11, 2020, 10:54 AM

I think the ACC is trying desperately to have a season, even though they know it is far from likely. They are putting off their decision as long as possible—or kicking the can down the road, if you want to be critical—because they know that if they had to make a decision right now, it would have to be to cancel the season. So schedules being made and players practicing are just in case there is a football season: you can't do those things at the last minute. So we'll be ready IF the season is allowed to start.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic