»
Topic: NO hotels
Replies: 10   Last Post: Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 PM by: 261tiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

NO hotels

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:10 PM

Anybody any luck with half way decent hotel rates within reasonable distance French quarter ?
Been checking and rates are crazy high. Figured with LSU fans able to drive home, holidays over etc prices would drop but stil crazy. Think it will get better since some of rooms may have been booked by Ohio state fans now be canceled ?
Appreciate any thoughts , suggestions

link

Just sleep in an alley in the French Quarter

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:11 PM

you'll have plenty of company. And they'll probably offer you some of their crack, meth, and alcohol.

military_donation.jpg link

Re: NO hotels

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:13 PM

It is going to be really tough going. I’ve been watching it for the last few weeks ever since we knew we were going to be in the playoffs. Three weeks ago you could’ve gotten a room downtown for about 250 a night. Now they’re going for about 850 a night. Really disgusting. If you want to experience New Orleans you may want to try VRBO or just count on staying in Slidell or Covington and driving in via Uber.

link

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:15 PM

Try looking outside of New Orleans..we have found reasonable rooms in Slidell.. it's a 20 minute drive if you guys aren't flying in..

link

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:16 PM

What is reasonable?

link

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:23 PM

We have found some for 150 a night
. granted this is at the sleep inn or laquinta. But when it comes down to it..we just look for a decent place to sleep. Most of the time..we are in the city doing stuff so I'm not looking for anything big

link

[2]
Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:18 PM

Do Ohio St fans understand they lost last night and their season is done or are they in denial? The first step is acceptance. Until that happens, they won't be cancelling their reservations.

link

Not sure yet, but I may be parting with 3 rooms

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:21 PM

Marriott Courtyard Downtown New Orleans/Convention Center. (about 20 minute walk to stadium)

Have 3 rooms for 3 nights (Sat-Tues) about $380/room/night.

May be cancelling all or some. I need to double-check with family.

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

stay in Biloxi. Plenty of rooms available there.

[1]
Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:26 PM

I don't get how so many Clemson fans stay in Vegas and drive 4-5 hours to Glendale and aren't on board with staying in Biloxi and driving 90 minutes to NOLA

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Biloxi & Gulfport....Mississippi Gulf Coast

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 7:40 PM

https://www.gulfcoast.org/

link

Re: Just don’t get it

Posted: Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 PM

NO has a ton of rooms. Mardi Gras festivities not started, LSU folks mostly can go home. Oh well guess just free market. ... price gouging. See ehat happens as things get closer

link

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Selling 2 Tickets in North Stands Lower Section P Row HH 40 Yd Line and 3 North Stands Lower Section...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1861 people have read this post