Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just a Thought- we will be better next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Just a Thought- we will be better next year

Dec 16, 2019, 11:15 PM

And... we will still have Trevor Lawrence & Justin Ross! Our defense will be very good the next 4 years, our OLine will be getting better every year even with the grads.

We are super blessed & consistent. We will be among the top 10 every year and probably in the top 5 or 3.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Just a Thought- we will be better next year

Dec 16, 2019, 11:20 PM

Agreed. We are top 5 talent level for the next 4-5 years and Dabo isn't slowing down. Best is yet to come!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2019, 5:48 AM

Well, Dabo did say right after the orange Jacket was put on him, that recruiting the right kind of players would be the key to the future success of Clemson FB. There wasn't that many that believed him way back then, but he has the attention of most of Tiger Nation now, Go Dabo!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 11:26 PM

WADR I am not sure if we will be better next year. We lose 4 of 5 OL, RB1, WR1, and 3 of 4 DBs. We will have plenty of talent but much of it inexperienced. Best to wait and see...

I’m going to have to believe we will be good until we’re not

Dec 17, 2019, 12:06 AM

At this point.

Better than this year? Could be a tall order

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m going to have to believe we will be good until we’re not

Dec 17, 2019, 5:50 AM

It maybe, but I believe that we will be!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2019, 11:27 PM

Worried about OL with 4 starters leaving after this year. Our back 4 on defense will have all new starters with the exception of Kendrick. We should still go undefeated in our regular schedule but i dont know about better.

Dec 16, 2019, 11:43 PM

Remember Vinson got hurt and we have 5 OL with over 2 hundred reps at OL plus Jackson Carman. We have 2-3 rookie OL that will start along with our experience plus Carman. We will be pretty good on OL. And much better on DL.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 17, 2019, 12:12 AM

Who is going to play safety? I love Nolan Turner but do you really want him to be a starter? I have a feeling Landon Zanders will be a really good safety for us one day just not sure its next year. We're going to be a really good team overall but we will be challenged in the back 4.

Dec 17, 2019, 5:55 AM

If there is nobody better than Nolan Turner, I don't have a problem with Nolan being back there bc the kid plays his heart out, and has earned the right to play!!!

Dec 16, 2019, 11:49 PM

We may be better next year. O-line has to hold up and secondary might be questionable (though the talent is clearly there).

2021 should be our best team ever. Defense will be suffocating; maybe the best ever by a wide margin. On offense, RBs and receivers will be great. O-line should be solid. QB is the sole question mark for me and that's only because DJ hasn't yet taken a college snap.

But when do we lose Will Swinney?

Dec 17, 2019, 4:50 AM

Can Drew run the jet sweep and return punts? Hope so. And when does Clay come in?

Could be critical.

Dec 17, 2019, 6:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Just a Thought- we will be better next year ]

That was the same with DW4, Trevor, and will be the same with DJ, and like the other two, DJ was hand picked by our coaching staff, and he will be do just fine bc he to is a winner!!!

Dec 17, 2019, 6:34 AM

We will maintain this level of consistency as long as Dabo stays,unfortunately all great things come to an end at some point. We should all cherish this run while it lasts. I can't imagine what it will be like when we suffer an 8 and 4 season or worse.

Dec 17, 2019, 7:14 AM

Got me thinking. If you could imagine 8-4, who would those losses have been to? What if we were playing like we did under CTB - maybe we lose to NC, TAMU, FSU and one other (take your pick among Tech, State and Syracuse). At least we would’ve beaten UofSuC (CTB’s strength) and gone to a good bowl a little over our heads due to our fans’ willingness to travel and spend those two dollar bills. We’d be like: Dang that Baylor team was good. Why can’t we be that good?
Ah the good old days. Thank goodness we are living in the good old days of NOW.

WL

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic