Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Galloway said that Alabama is the most complete offense in the country
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,604

Joey Galloway said that Alabama is the most complete offense in the country

Oct 18, 2020, 5:18 AM

Said something like, I know Clemson has Trever Lawrence, but Alabama is the most complete offense. No mention of ETN.

It seemed to me that he believed that because of Bama's wide receivers mostly.

So, I admit that I did not get to watch the game....but is Bama the most complete offense or are the SEC defenses just that bad this year?

I think I just heard him say that UGA has the best defense? What say you?

Message was edited by: TennesseeLadyTiger®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now, I might be inclined to say yes. While we

Oct 18, 2020, 5:28 AM

have Trevor, I think they have a more well rounded offense. We have ETN and I believe he's the best back in the country but I believe there run game is better because of the offensive line. Put ETN behind that line and he could get 150 every game, easy. Maybe our line improves as the year goes on since there young.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree except ETN would have 250 a game***

Oct 18, 2020, 7:52 AM

Re: Joey Galloway said that Alabama is the most complete offense in the country

Oct 18, 2020, 5:37 AM

SO NOBODY MISREADS MY STATEMENT;
Alabama is the most complete offense;
In the state of Alabama.

Oct 18, 2020, 6:40 AM

Alabama is probably better today but I like Clemson's offense better by seasons end...Lawrence , Travis r awesome now and Clemson rec core will be just fine by the end of the season. Ajoi is going to be a superstar!!!

Oct 18, 2020, 7:04 AM

Admittedly, I did not see all of the Bama game, so no comments on them. I would like to see a little more from our O-line and receivers (not named Amari Rodgers) making catches of balls that are right there. Really, we are seeing the results of the freaky year that is 2020. Young players have not had as much time to develop. There is plenty of talent that should get better and better throughout the season.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 18, 2020, 7:44 AM

If they had TL they would; but they don't. We have a slight edge imo.

Oct 18, 2020, 7:57 AM

They looked good no doubt, I expect a huge shootout nail biting NC game!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 8:03 AM

Defenses Bama Played

Missouri (Bad)
TA&M (Worse)
Mississippi (Worst)
Georgia ( Good but Kirby Choke Factor)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 8:04 AM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Okay, Joey Galloway.

Alabama does have some good wideouts. Waddle and Smith are really good, if a bit on the shorter side. Explosive, can house it from anywhere on the field, and Smith in particular does a tremendous job fighting back to the ball...given how you have to respect his deep speed, it makes him real tough to defend. Looks like a future star, at the NFL level.

That said, Alabama's defense is distinctly shaky, particularly against the run - they gave up another 414 yards of total O to UGA - who don't have much of an offense - and I am less than sold about Alabama's offense, mostly because of Mac Jones.

Jones throws a really pretty ball...from a clean pocket. Let him throw those timing routes he so loves after a five-or-seven-step drop and he looks really, really good doing it. Will drop it right in there and then those receivers will do a pretty good impression of the Roadunner dusting Wile E. Coyote. The problem comes when that first read is covered and pressure starts coming...when guys get near him and he has to move at all, he starts lurching around like, well, Lurch from The Addams Family and you start seeing some really ugly ridiculous throws, zero scrambling ability, and some shockingly bad body language. He's not an NFL QB precisely because of that. He starts getting hit and harassed and chased and he's going to look really ordinary; Sarkisian knows he's gotta keep things sweet and on schedule for him.

As far as UGA having the best defense...no. One problem I've always had with Kirby's D is they really don't ever put enough heat on the passer and this year is no different, and their DB's are solid but not elite...they gave up 564 yards to Bama and while they're a big rugged physical defense they still looked a little outmatched athletically in some spots. They came in #1 in the country - after taking on three offensive stalwarts in Arkansas, Auburn, and Tennessee (who were, incidentally, the #62 (UT), #66 (Arkansas) and #67 (Auburn)-ranked offenses in college football (out of just 76 teams active right now), and averaged just 236.7ypg allowed...that number just skyrocketed to 318.5 yards per game allowed and drops them to about 13th-14th nationally, while Clemson is down to 264.6 yards per game allowed and will probably end the week as the #3 or #4 defense in the country when the stats are updated.

So...nope. UGA's D isn't as good as Clemson's, and Alabama's O is not nearly as "complete".

Oct 18, 2020, 9:49 AM

Thanks quozzel. I prefer your analysis to Galloways. What I prefer even more is our team’s opportunity to prove it on the field during the CFP.

+1????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 18, 2020, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said that Alabama is the most complete offense in the country ]

Great analysis.

Oct 18, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Joey Galloway said that Alabama is the most complete offense in the country ]

100% agree on Mac Jones. He’s serviceable when not under pressure and quick play passes are called. He is a zero factor running the ball.

My concern if we meet them down the road is obviously our DBs against their WR’s. Georgia’s defensive backfield gave up 417 yards passing. I would think the key to keeping them in check is pressure, pressure, pressure, and a little more pressure on Mac Jones.

Oct 18, 2020, 8:31 AM

I would have to agree, if we played Bama “today” I would be worried about our Safety and DB play in coverage against those wideouts!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d say it too if someone paid me.***

Oct 18, 2020, 8:43 AM

Re: I’d say it too if someone paid me.***

Oct 18, 2020, 8:50 AM

Right now Alabama probably has a better O-Line, but ours is coming. Was disappointing ETN didn't get more rushing yards against the bees but it looked like they were determined to not let him beat them and make Trevor beat them which he did.

Re: I’d say it too if someone paid me.***

Oct 18, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to I’d say it too if someone paid me.*** ]

Good one haha, I guess I would too because what I say won’t change the facts of whut is MF’r

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama def has the better receivers***

Oct 18, 2020, 8:54 AM

Re: Bama def has the better receivers***

Oct 18, 2020, 9:26 AM

Your probably right but I don't think the gap is as large as it is portrayed by most. I think that some of it is that we have been hearing about Waddle and Smith for a few years now and that part of the perception is due to repetition. Highlights of big play after big play are shown, but most are against substandard defenses.

I would argue that the gap between QB's is much larger. I think Alabama's offense is probably slightly better, primarily due to the o-line. That gap will certainly close as our young guys get experience throughout the season, giving us more depth. I fully expect that by the end of the season we will be at least as good on offense if not better. The defense on the other hand, isn't even close.

I would agree with what he said

Oct 18, 2020, 9:06 AM

Trevor is the best player on either team and ETN is incredible but Najee Harris isn't exactly a huge step down at RB. Bama has the best WRs in the country and I don't think it's even close. Their OL is also quite a bit better than ours. You can call Mac Jones a game manager or limited or whatever you want, but you can't really question the overall effectiveness. He's averaging like 13 ypa on the season and hit that number last night against an elite defense. It doesn't really matter how much credit you want to give Jones for the numbers he's putting up, their passing offense has been incredible.

I don't know man, wait until Ngata is healthy...

Oct 18, 2020, 9:30 AM

I saw the Alabama game. UGA's offense kept giving the ball to Alabama. The UGA offense has White and nothing else. I think your offense has a lot to do with your defense as well.

I don't think you can compare one without the other. I think we would outscore Alabama.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2020, 9:36 AM

Once again, ESPN bias is ridiculous. Our offense is just as good, if not better, than Alabama’s. Bama’s defense is not even close to our defense, but listening to ESPN you would think it is naturally better. Please report the news, not your opinion!!!

Oct 18, 2020, 10:16 AM

When our #1 deep threat is our slot receiver I don't think you can call our offense complete. Bama has to get the edge due to all the big play options they have streaking down the field every play.

Hopefully Ladson gets more consistent and Ngata gets healthy. Elliot has certainly adjusted well with the short game he's calling. But it puts us in a lot of 3rd and longs and that wouldn't be good against an elite defense.

null

Ngata played yesterday.***

Oct 18, 2020, 11:28 AM

At this point in the season, their run blocking is better

Oct 18, 2020, 10:45 AM

Than ours. We’ll be the most complete when it counts.

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic