Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm still not happy with the play calling
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,808

I'm still not happy with the play calling

Sep 9, 2018, 5:56 AM

I know, we had a great win and I'm still not happy. But this is something that has bothered me going back a couple of years. I'm telling myself today that this is our "Troy" game from a couple of years ago and we will have a great year. But still, I miss our Chad Morris offense. If you compared last night's game to a Chad Morris game and also to a Rob Spence game, our play calling looks a LOT more like Rob Spence. I think bad play calling kept TL hamstrung. KB was definitely the better QB last night. But I think TL is getting a bad rap for his performance when a lot of the issues go down to constantly calling the zone read when 105,000 people know that it's coming. OK, rant off. I'll feel a lot better if we hang 70 on GT in a couple of weeks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still not happy with the play calling

Sep 9, 2018, 6:08 AM

Play calling is one thing, execution by the players is a totally different matter.
A&M went toe to toe with us and could have easily won this game.
To heck with Morris or Spence, our offensive coordinators are a big part of our recent success. I don't recall either of those guys taking us to three straight Championship games.
True, there was some bad play calling, but it's the players who make the play happen, or not, and you can put blame on both coaches, and players for the way we played.
We were lucky to come out of College Station with a win.
I'm just glad we weren't in Athens!

Sep 9, 2018, 7:01 AM

Only play calling that really bothers me is the last possession we have every time it’s a close game we get the same qb run call, surely mixing that up would be a change that might get us a first down to keep possession.We have done this for several years and every one knows it’s coming.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still not happy with the play calling ]

Only play calling that really bothers me is the last possession we have every time it’s a close game we get the same qb run call, surely mixing that up would be a change that might get us a first down to keep possession.We have done this for several years and every one knows it’s coming.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still not happy with the play calling ]

I beg to differ, Deshaun Watson made our offense better by calling his own plays or changing them at the LOS not the OC.

Think back to how the offense ran with DW4 vs Last/This year. Like night and day but same two OC’s.

Is it plausible DW4 made our two OC’s look better than they really are, so they aren’t as advertised? IDK, but I wish they would get this fixed, cardiac cats back in full effect! ??

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 9, 2018, 6:48 AM

You've forgotten how The Chad puckered in big games.

Sep 9, 2018, 7:21 AM

Chad Morris was a stud. Boyd however never showed up for FSU or Carolina. Chad Morris beat LSU, Georgia, Auburn, and Ohio State. Big wins and he designed the very offense we run now. Who do you think tought Scott and Elliot. All they do is retool it year to year to fit with the personal we have each season. Chad Morris brought in Deshaun Watson. Be grateful for Chad Morris!

Chad Morris was the right guy, but he didn't adjust well

Sep 9, 2018, 7:27 AM

when Dijon went down, he tried to make CS do the same things that Watson did, It wasn't until he left that Stoudt had the game of his life.

He would also put players in the dog house, you fumble you never see the field again.

For me, I'll take Elliott and Scott all day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris was the right guy, but he didn't adjust well

Sep 9, 2018, 7:33 AM

Who Is Dijon?

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,808
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic