Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nick Saban reacts to Alabama jumping Clemson in polls
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Nick Saban reacts to Alabama jumping Clemson in polls

Oct 3, 2019, 2:29 PM

Nick Saban reacts to Alabama jumping Clemson in polls

Alabama is now the new No. 1 AP team in the land after week 5. The Crimson Tide jumped Clemson after the Tigers barely defeated North Carolina 21-20 in Chapel H Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im starting to like Satan, I mean Saban.***

Oct 3, 2019, 3:03 PM

Re: Im starting to like Satan, I mean Saban.***

Oct 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

I'd be interested in what he had to say if the roles were reversed. Say, perhaps, his team was leapfrogged after giving up, let's say 31 points, to a terrible Ole Miss...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 4:24 PM

Bet your last quarter-25 cent, that it wouldn't matter one bit who it was that Bama had beat by only 1 point, if they were #1 before that game, they would remain #1 after that game. It wouldn't matter if they had only beat the Citadel by just 1 point, they would be #1 after that 1 point win!!! We were judged and lost our #1 ranking bc of stylish points regardless of us winning the game.

I guess if we were to go 15-0 this season, the AP and coaches pole would see us as being a 14-1 team bc to them a 1 point win is the same as a loss!!! We know where we stand with those folks, and in the back of our mind, we've always known. There are only a hand full of teams that will be praised no matter what, and Clemson isn't and probably never be in that hand, period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 8:52 PM

That's why what the committee thinks matters. They are the ones, IMHO, who come closest to picking the correct team rankings. It's not the same AP or coaches picking the same teams year after year. Had there been no committee, I doubt Clemson would have made the playoff four years in a row and would not have had the opportunity to win two championships.

Oct 4, 2019, 9:53 AM

Seeing as we were ranked in all the polls either #1 or #2 the last 4 years that really doesn't follow your argument. We would have been in the championship even if it was 2 teams selected. the difference is 2 years ago Bama would have been watching from home while we took the trophy home.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2019, 4:55 PM [ in reply to Im starting to like Satan, I mean Saban.*** ]

I personally have a ton of respect for the man. Everyone hates on him, but just about any other school besides Us, and MAYBE Oklahoma, Ohio State would gladly trade who they have for him. The man wins. I kinda dig that.

Oct 4, 2019, 9:54 AM

HE does win but like the Old Balz Sac said "Saban is winning at Bama, lets see him try that at South Carolina."

Is is my imagination, or is Saban starting to plagiarize

Oct 3, 2019, 3:42 PM

Dabo? Sure sounds a lot like several interviews Dabo has given about players trying to be their best on every play. Remember "Win this play, win this down. Best is the Standard".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is is my imagination, or is Saban starting to plagiarize

Oct 3, 2019, 5:34 PM

Totally agree.. When I read the article I thought it was Dabo speaking. Maybe Saban is learning from Dabo.

I think Saban's words sound very much like some famous John

Oct 3, 2019, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Is is my imagination, or is Saban starting to plagiarize ]

Wooden quotes, in this instance

Re: TNET: Nick Saban reacts to Alabama jumping Clemson in polls

Oct 3, 2019, 9:37 PM

Perfect answer to a typical tired question.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic