Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Texas A&M Had All Pre-Season!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,293

Texas A&M Had All Pre-Season!

Sep 10, 2018, 10:25 PM

Besides the plethora of other things like: The Tigers won the game. A&M is good. A&M recruits on par with the blue bloods of the sport. The game was in College Station. For a moment; it looked like they were over matched. They found a way to keep it really close so kudos to them!
But, "THEY HAD ALL THE PRE-SEASON TO PREPARE FOR THE TIGERS"! Let's be honest their week 1 opponent was not likely really game planned for! They have a coach who knows CU and knows CU personnel and coaching tendencies! They had nothing and I mean, nothing to lose b/c they were 12 point dogs.
If you discount that...…………go buy you some beach front property in S. Dakota. You folks who look at their record last year and the fact they aren't ranked have no idea what is about to happen. Saban "must be getting ready to retire"! Jimbo and Chad Morris were almost excited to jump in the SEC West with Saban. Jimbo will compete with and beat Auburn/Alabama before long. You folks need to look up the last 5 A & M recruiting classes before you act like that was not a quality win.
Now, A & M also could have put all their eggs in one basket. I.E. put everything they had into making an early season; welcome Jimbo to Texas statement effort too. They won't have months to get ready for division opponents. We shall see.. but the "ship is sinking comments are hilarious" and sad at the same time.
Talented team(check recruiting last 5 years).
Coach that knows us( check, J. Fisher).
Played at home ( Kyle field was rocking 105, 000).
Rained nonetheless. ( negated our speed advantage ).

By the time the year is over with I think A&M will be ranked high. We as Tigers fans will forget the 2 pt. win and brag about it. Especially since we went in the heart of Texas to do it! And, they had all off season to prep for us!

p.s. you say we had the off season to prep for them too. Well, not really! Remember, Jimbo has new coaches! New OC, New DC. We went in blind...they had a virtual playbook of everything we like to do with Jimbo. He even recruited 3/4 of our roster. You can't discount or play that down!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd agree with you...

Sep 10, 2018, 10:36 PM

but we'd both be wrong. We out talented AnM start to finish. Three of their important passes bounced off our guys' hands. The term luckier than a dog with two dongs comes to mind. A football is pointed on the ends and much of the game it just bounced AnM's way.

TL is not a complete QB yet and KB is as good as he'll ever be. That worked hard in AnM's favor. Jimbo knew exactly how to deal with KB and he did what all coaches do to a freshman, he came after him. TL shinned like new money under that pressure.

Our coaches also wanted to stress this team and manufacture drama by putting in players who are still wet behind the ears. They've been doing that for five years that I've noticed. All that was a great advantage to AnM too.

I think Dabo likes giving Gameday viewers their money's worth. It sure makes ESPiN look for reasons to pick games with us in them for Gameday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd agree with you...

Sep 10, 2018, 10:57 PM

+1 for luckier than a dog with two dongs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 11:04 PM [ in reply to I'd agree with you... ]

I agree with you completely, but I refer to all that "luck" as "the gods of football wanted TAM to win and they did everything they could to make it happen". I can't remember a game, other than the Syracuse game or the Bama game in 16), that so many things happened that aided our opponent. Sometimes all the stars and moons align perfectly for our opponents and they can do no wrong (or the refs won't penalize them for it).

Sep 10, 2018, 11:35 PM [ in reply to I'd agree with you... ]

We had all off-season to prepare for them too. And know Jimbo’s tendencies.
If it weren’t for all the uncalled holding, we would have gotten to Mond more and the margin of victory would have been greater. Plus that bad snap with the mega jumbo package at the 1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 11, 2018, 3:16 AM [ in reply to I'd agree with you... ]

"I think Dabo likes giving Gameday viewers their money's worth. It sure makes ESPiN look for reasons to pick games with us in them for Gameday."

This.

Up 14-3, with the ability to put it away in the 1st half and you take the foot off the gas. Dabo likes to keep it close in these tough games with the full confidence we will find a way to win. Plus, it gives us great exposure and talking points with recruits (We have the highest gameday ratings and have won the last 7)

Dabo is a businessman ... he understands what you have to do to be successful in this business. We can't be bama and out legacy everyone. So you have to keep it interesting and in front of these kids minds.

Re: Texas A&M Had All Pre-Season!

Sep 10, 2018, 11:02 PM

A&M is going to be pretty good. They may beat Auburn this year, not bama though.

Bama is the measuring stick. They made our mediocre offense look terrible in the playoff last year.

If we don't make changes to our offensive scheme it's going to happen again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes and No

Sep 10, 2018, 11:30 PM

It was definitely a quality win and I very much agree that from a "prep" standpoint Jimbo and his new toys had a massive advantage there. And all of that would make perfect sense and match the narrative had we come out flat and given up chunk plays on defense and not been able to move the ball on offense. But, that is not what happened. Our defense came out, and while aTm moved the ball, we stiffened and kept points off the board. Our offense was clicking fairly well and both QB's were having success. Then halftime came... and aTm made what must have been some great adjustments and the game changed dramatically. I'm actually much more of a sunshine pumper by nature, so I am overjoyed to be 2-0 with a win in that hostile environment. Our talent is at a level we have never seen. I love our coaching staff. BUT, we were outcoached and played on Saturday... and we are very fortunate to have walked away with a "W". Our OL needs to gel, that is certain. But our LB's and DB's (primarily our safeties and NLB) need to step up in a major way. But more than that, our coaches need to step up in game management and execution. Easier said than done, but offensive play calling needs to stretch and put pressure on defenses. Those guys at aTm were setting the tone of the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,293
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic