Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to pull for Carolina and Noter Dame. But...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,425

I hate to pull for Carolina and Noter Dame. But...

Oct 5, 2020, 4:48 PM

(I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I haven’t seen it)

We’ve got a very high probability of having 3 top-10 wins this year prior to the CFP.

Not bad for a cupcake schedule!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate to pull for Carolina and Noter Dame. But...

Oct 5, 2020, 5:32 PM

It has been discussed here before, but I don't know if I have shared my thoughts with you, not that it matters.
While I can pull for Carolina(North ,not South) in football, but never in Hoops, if I have to, it will be an artic freeze in South Bend before I ever pull for the Irish in any sport ,particularly
football. I won't them no where near the CFP's come season end and frankly hope they suck it up so bad that NBC drops their television contract in 2026,and Notre Dame has to join a conference.
I only hope we have a new Commissioner and he tells the Irish they are not welcome in the A C C .
No school is "Holier than Thou", even if they do have Touchdown Jesus on the sideline.
But Notre Dame would have you think so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 6:13 PM

Took me years to notice how small the footprint really is of people who say Carolina and think it means the Coots. Most people I've met outside the midstate call the Tarholes Carolina.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I hate to pull for Carolina and Noter Dame. But... ]

leftie said:

It has been discussed here before, but I don't know if I have shared my thoughts with you, not that it matters.
While I can pull for Carolina(North ,not South) in football, but never in Hoops, if I have to, it will be an artic freeze in South Bend before I ever pull for the Irish in any sport ,particularly
football. I won't them no where near the CFP's come season end and frankly hope they suck it up so bad that NBC drops their television contract in 2026,and Notre Dame has to join a conference.
I only hope we have a new Commissioner and he tells the Irish they are not welcome in the A C C .
No school is "Holier than Thou", even if they do have Touchdown Jesus on the sideline.
But Notre Dame would have you think so.

Don't like'em eh?

LOL! I don't like them; but I think you have disdain for the lucky charms!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 6:27 PM

Problem is, the minute the Tigers beat one of those teams they’ll tumble down the rankings, with the exception of the leprechauns who will always be overrated. That will be their only usefulness this year, but there’s no way I’ll ever pull for them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 6:41 PM

Row86® said:

(I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I haven’t seen it)

We’ve got a very high probability of having 3 top-10 wins this year prior to the CFP.

Not bad for a cupcake schedule!

This year due to the "no running from Bama" I don't think it matters as much. I can't see them putting a Pac 12 champ in over a ACC champ that has 12 wins. The Big 12 has all but let the rest of the country know - "they only here for the participation trophy" this season! With 3 losses to the SBC and the two favorites with bad losses "AT HOME"!

The Big 10 champ assumming it's O-4-0 St had better look like gang busters! The SEC will not have anymore than 1 undefeated team! If they have 2 undefeated teams going into the SEC championship game - I see both of those teams getting in with the ACC champ.

In short, "it's good so folks who love to criticize and scrutinize the Clemson schedule will have less to talk about"! But, this year a little less needed at the same time.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 9:01 PM

I don't give a care what others say about our schedule.

Only thing that matters is running the table and making the CFP while other fans can only wish their team was still playing.

Oct 5, 2020, 9:01 PM

Don’t worry to much. Neither is a top 10 team from what I have seen.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,425
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic