»
Topic: Hope you people who wanted your “softball” program are happy
Replies: 19   Last Post: Nov 6, 2020, 10:04 PM by: feraltyger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 19  

Hope you people who wanted your “softball” program are happy

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:14 PM

Track and field is a much more respectable pastime. The two major male sports funds the stupid female sports no one cares about. But muh equality am I right. Shameful !

link

Re: Hope you people who wanted your “softball” program are happy

emoji_events [9]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:17 PM

U have some facts wrong. Hate to see any sport go but a lot of people care about softball including me. U might want to check ratings from college baseball to softball last year or early this year

link

Your post isn't going to be very popular here

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:22 PM

but there is no arguing that softball was a very expensive sport to add. The construction of an entirely new stadium makes it significantly more expensive than other sports which could've used existing facilities.

The decision to add softball is even more costly now that we are in a pandemic and funds are even tighter.

2021 white level member link

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Re: Your post isn't going to be very popular here

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 3:26 PM

And that stadium wiped out a lot of RV parking spots.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

[2]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:23 PM

No. It does not work that way. Clemson's AD decided to nix the program. They could always cover it with whatever funding they wanted but chose that other mens programs were more important. Or they could try and fund everything like Maryland...

And I support my Tigers, ALL Tigers. Sad to see TF/XC even considered to be dropped. Clemson ALums should stand with the program and make it work.

link

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:39 PM

LOL, softball is 1544% more exciting and interesting than track & field. However, I do think it sucks that they are cutting the program.

link

1544%? I'm going to need to see your work on that one.***

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:43 PM

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Re: 1544%? I'm going to need to see your work on that one.***

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:52 PM

You ever been to a track and field meet at Clemson. Usually less than one hundred fans at most. Softball was sold out for every game

Well Softball is

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 5:13 PM

just more fan friendly than T&F or CC. It’s actually going to produce more revenue despite the initial costs.

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:54 PM

wut?

IDK, I played baseball, soccer, basketball (ineffectively), and ran cross-county. Cross-county was by far more entertaining as a participant IMO although I liked basketball best. Granted none at the college level (maybe if I went to a bad D3 program in soccer or XC). I ran the Race-to-the-Rock every year when Baker was there, even won my cohort "demographic" once... but being the fastest graduate student isn't a big away. Smartest person at South Carolina could make the same hoot.

Give me a run any day. I don't mind BB or SB but not my thing.

link

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm happy we have softball***

emoji_events [10]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:56 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Don't ever speak for me, coot.***

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 5:08 PM

Brad Brownell: all-time losingest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

[4]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 1:57 PM

A lot going on here... you obviously have a great respect for womens sports, so that's good to hear. "Muh equality am I right" is actually an excerpt from the Title IX law, I believe.

Anyway, "softball" in quotations is what really intrigued me the most. Are you implying that the ball is not as soft as advertised OR that the softball program as a whole is a front for a larger conspiracy? If it's the latter, I'd love to hear more about that.

2021 student level member link

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 2:09 PM

"I am happy to have young coeds wearing tight pants and rounding the bases" - Biden

link

I'm happy Clemson finally added softball...

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 2:37 PM

and frankly, it's something that should have been done years ago.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg link

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

[1]
Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 4:09 PM

I’m very happy we have softball

badge-donor-10yr.jpg link

Softball 4th highest revenue sport in college athletics***

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 5:37 PM

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re: Softball 4th highest revenue sport in college athletics***

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 5:53 PM

Simple --- when we added softball,times were good !!!

Then along came this crazy stuff_____________________COVID19

We did away with the rowing team too,didn't we ???

link

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 5:58 PM

I ran track in HS and I have cousins who were state champions and one an Olympic gold medalist but track draws very little interest in comparison to softball.

I'm certainly sad that DRad dropped men's track/cross country but we also had a history in wrestling and that was sent down the road years ago. Sports is a business whether we like it or not.

link

I am quite HAPPY for Women's Softball. Thanks for ask'n!

Posted: Nov 6, 2020, 10:04 PM

:)

link

Replies: 19  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 best seats in WZC, Sec 108, Front row splitting the goal post. We had first priority in picking ou...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2499 people have read this post