Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It would be hilarious if SCofU was unable to find...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,718

It would be hilarious if SCofU was unable to find...

Nov 16, 2020, 7:43 AM

a coach and had to rehire Muschamp. This is a very real possibility in my estimation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: It would be hilarious if SCofU was unable to find...

Nov 16, 2020, 7:46 AM

Most schools are in negotiations and know who the next coach will be way before they fire their current one. Not Sakerlina, fire and hope for the best. Freeze will get swooped up by UT, Napier will say no, Caldwell already considered changing a light bulb more important than a USC offer. Things could get really interesting and Usuck never seems to let us down in these situations

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:11 AM

Caldwell, although a good coach, does not have the experience on this level. But I think they will have to go to a younger guy at a smaller school so he may be their choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 8:14 AM

He may be “their” choice but I think he said no on Twitter! It’s like a national joke now that the light out on his wife’s car was more important ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of like last time?

Nov 16, 2020, 8:15 AM

It would be funny.

I think Muschamp was like their 6th coaching target. Tom Herman, Justin Fuentes, etc, all turned them down.

Personally, I can't believe they fired him given the covid situation and their financials. They're constantly setting themselves up for failure.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More like 8th***

Nov 16, 2020, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Hopefully they'll end-up having to keep Bobo...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:16 AM

since he was soooooooooooooo successful in his one and only stint as a head coach (28 - 35), especially after all of Jim McElwain's players were gone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can bet that Michigan and Penn State are talking to

Nov 16, 2020, 8:40 AM

coaches that they want.

Again, crazy to change coaches in this climate.

Low incoming funds due to covid.
Unable for new coaches make recruiting contact (well that might help the coots).
Heck, they could be paying for an old coaching staff...and a new coaching staff for a season that might not even happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had they waited until January...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:47 AM

they could have reduced the buyout by a couple of million dollars.

The season is already in the toilet and anyone with any knowledge of college football and a little common sense knew before the season started that 3 to 4 wins was the ceiling for uof6c this year, so why not ride out the remainder of the season with CussChamp, can him in January, reduce the buyout, all the while talking to potential replacements behind the scenes.

Re: Had they waited until January...

Nov 16, 2020, 8:59 AM

I figured it was a CYA from Ray Tanner. The natives were not only restless they were on the warpath ready to clean house. If Tanner didn't do something he was probably going down too. (still might)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had they waited until January...

Nov 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

You also have a new school president who is still trying to win over the alumni and fan base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2020, 9:28 AM

That would never happen. Someone will take their money.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,718
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic