Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
God am I lucky, my wedding is on the open date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

God am I lucky, my wedding is on the open date

Jan 17, 2019, 9:14 AM

I know that I'll probably get a TD for having a wedding during football season but I wanted a fall wedding in the Poconos and I think the football gods looked out for me here! Having it Oct 5th so I am lucky as hell!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God am I lucky, my wedding is on the open date

Jan 17, 2019, 9:27 AM

I hate to break it to you, but unfortunately, your anniversary is still every year. Hopefully you can negotiate celebrating your anniversary weekend in tigertown or at a road game every year. But yeah, having a wedding between labor day and mid-January is almost always lose-lose.

I'm so tired of this STUPID argument

Jan 17, 2019, 11:23 AM

I married a fellow Clemson Tiger on October 11, 2008 IN CLEMSON, SC. Yes, it was our open date (and we planned it that way), but we both wanted a Fall wedding in Clemson. And I wouldn't trade 1,000 football Saturdays for that one day she said "I do" to me. And all of our friends and family couldn't have been happier to share the day with us.

We usually just plan our anniversary celebration around Clemson's open date, or GOD FORBID, we just go celebrate our love and our marriage on a football weekend somewhere else.

Some things in life are just more important than football; it's ridiculous to think otherwise. Our two perfect daughters are a testament to that...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm so tired of this STUPID argument

Jan 17, 2019, 11:25 AM

I agree, as much as I love Clemson and football, this woman is my love and I can't wait for the future! She's from Venezuela (born in Philly, grew up in Venezuela and came back here 15 years ago) . So football is a little foreign to her but I still need to get her to a game soon. We both live in the NYC area.

Congratulations to you both!

Jan 17, 2019, 11:26 AM

There is NOTHING better in this world than the love of a good woman...not even Clemson Football.

Enjoy your wedding and all that the future holds! Don't worry about making anyone else happy!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

October 5 isn't gonna be a Saturday every year lol***

Jan 17, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: God am I lucky, my wedding is on the open date ]

Jan 17, 2019, 9:28 AM

Better to be lucky than good. Rule #1 no weddings during football season. I will be married 25 years in April and wife still brings up that she couldn’t have a fall wedding.

Jan 17, 2019, 9:35 AM

There are 52 weekends/year!

What is the infatuation with scheduling a wedding during the 12-15 weekends of college football?

Jan 17, 2019, 9:50 AM

Its all about the couple and how many friends, family, and coworkers they can inconvenience. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this our Save the Date?

Jan 17, 2019, 9:51 AM

TIA in advanced.

Snowflake Basher........Out

dude

Jan 17, 2019, 9:52 AM

enjoy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Next year won’t be an open date and u won’t be watching the game.***

Jan 17, 2019, 10:14 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next year won’t be an open date and u won’t be watching the game.***

Jan 17, 2019, 10:19 AM

Why would he not be watching the game? Also that date probably will not be a Saturday anyways.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:56 AM

Yep, next year it will be on a Sunday.

Also it was more her wanting it in the fall than me. I did want it in the fall, but it's one year.. I love football, grew up in Anderson but one day isn't going to kill me or anyone else, and plus, if it was a game, than at least I know that half my dads side of the family wouldn't show and that would be just fine with me lol.

She knows how important football is to me so most likely we will do our anniversary around the gametime..

Jan 17, 2019, 11:00 AM

That Fall will be in 2020. It is a leap year so that date will be on Monday.

Jan 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

Ours is on a Friday. She wants it in the fall so we made a compromise.

Wimmens insist on the fall wedding...it's a power play

Jan 17, 2019, 10:59 AM

Welcome to your new role. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you get a fleece tux

Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 AM

Hope you picked a place with good cell reception as streaming games will be expected during. Scheduled ours in May to avoid exactly that dilemma.

Re: Hope you get a fleece tux

Jan 17, 2019, 11:07 AM

It actually won't be all that cold and their is cell reception here. It's a barn wedding at a place called Foxhill farms. Beautiful location and the colors should be about a week away from peak on this weekend.

I know that she did insist on this being a fall wedding, I still got my Porsche though so trust me, I can still handle myself with her ;)

Jan 17, 2019, 11:02 AM

October 5th doesn't end up on a Saturday again until 2023, so you should be good.

That's the Notre Dame game...no biggie

Jan 17, 2019, 11:04 AM

j/k

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the Notre Dame game...no biggie

Jan 17, 2019, 11:06 AM

Mine was on the night of the Notre Dame rain game

Jan 17, 2019, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: God am I lucky, my wedding is on the open date ]

I meant 2024, and then again on 2030.

Jan 17, 2019, 11:14 AM

Yeah, once every 5-6 years should be good!

Jan 17, 2019, 11:41 AM

I can relate. My wife and I got married in late September 1989 on the only weekend where Clemson and or Usuck were both playing away. My wife initially didn't enjoy the reasoning, but neither of us knew Hurricane Hugo would hit South Carolina less than a week before! Approx. one third of our invited guests had to bow out due to the storm aftermath so "life happens" and we still celebrate every year. The Tigers play enough games on television where wedding or not one can still witness a game in some manner.

The only problem with the Tigers in 1989 was that Coach Ford and Clemson lost to the OBC at Duke, in the rain, and it about ruined an otherwise wonderful day! My wife is now a diehard Tiger fan and is already in mourning over the last of the season. We are already planning for 2019.

Go Tigers!

Jan 17, 2019, 11:52 AM

FYI...God and luck are not compatible with each other!

Jan 17, 2019, 12:00 PM

I hope you're not honeymooning there.

Stayed at an outdated Pocono cabin resort for Y2K. Figured if the power grid failed, we could stay warm by the fireplace. All those mirrors made me see parts of my body I never want to see again. However the trip was the perfect amount of cheesy fun that was memorable, but not something I ever want to do again.

My cousin got married at Skytop Lodge close to winter time. Beautiful place. Rode some sled dogs. Doesn't match any of the surrounding areas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic