»
Topic: Gift of life...
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 19, 2020, 1:32 PM by: Salty55®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Gift of life...

emoji_events [15]
Posted: Jul 18, 2020, 2:51 PM

Gave blood, finally, this week. Lots of different people from all walks of life..aka: adjectives of a viewer's perception. None were labeled by the tags being bandied about on T-Net...and in day-to-day life.

All those pints of blood looked the same. Perhaps, one day, that view will carry over to all of us...as people...nothing more. Wouldn't that rate as a gift as great as the blood itself?

2021 orange level member link

Re: Gift of life...

[2]
Posted: Jul 19, 2020, 5:58 AM

I spent 5 years in Europe as a child (military brat) in the mid 80s. Because of that I’m not allowed to give blood. Isn’t that some BS

link

Sadly, I cannot give. I tried, years ago, when my Dad was

[2]
Posted: Jul 19, 2020, 11:44 AM

in the hospital near final days. My blood came back false positive for Hepatitis on some "quickie" test that they perform on all blood draws. I have never had Hepatitis, but the nurse told me I should not try to donate in future, since what I had already donated would be destroyed, and my blood would always test positive on this quickie test. (More in depth testing confirmed that I did not then have, nor ever had, hepatitis.) I took them at their word. :(

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

I gave blood again this week too. I asked her if things had

[2]
Posted: Jul 19, 2020, 1:13 PM

been "Covid Crazy" at the Blood Connection also. She said "Yes, but it will be over after the election with a smirk."

link

It had been a years since I'd last donated...

[1]
Posted: Jul 19, 2020, 1:32 PM

Every time I'd see a drive nearby, it'd be filled before I could sign up.

They do the antibody test now...mine and my wife's came back negative...as expected. Positive would have been...ahem...interesting to grasp! LOL! Oh, well...come September, we'll hopefully hit the 2 gallon mark.

If you are able, consider giving. Essentially, 3% of this nation's population donates all the blood needed annually. That's rather staggering.

2021 orange level member link

Replies: 4  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1204 people have read this post